THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(apocalypsegene @ Jul 13 2005, 09:06 AM)
Who's Blackbolt??

View Post

He's a skinner.. Here's some of his work. I dont know if he has a site HavoK_X..

#4 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

I didn't see any of Blackbolt's work after following the link you posted. Did you preview the link before posting it?

#5 Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jul 20 2005, 03:50 AM)
I didn't see any of Blackbolt's work after following the link you posted. Did you preview the link before posting it?

View Post

you can do a skin search by creator on the site.

#6 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Mr.Sci-Fi @ Jul 26 2005, 08:51 PM)
you can do a skin search by creator on the site.

You totally missed my point. rolleyes.gif

#7 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jul 19 2005, 09:50 PM)

View Post

No I just blindly posted a link like an idiot. huh.gif Of course I previewed it.. Obviously something changed on the site. If you dont have enough sense to search the site, well I dont know what to tell ya.

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Aug 4 2005, 11:38 PM)
You totally missed my point. rolleyes.gif

View Post

And what point would that be exactally?

Edited by THDVL, 05 August 2005 - 04:32 AM.

#8 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Holy crap! A 4 minute difference in reply time! That's uh, ...yeah. blink.gif

QUOTE(THDVL @ Aug 4 2005, 11:42 PM)
No I just blindly posted a link like an idiot. huh.gif  Of course I previewed it.. Obviously something changed on the site. If you dont have enough sense to search the site, well I dont know what to tell ya...

...And what point would that be exactally?
Not enough sense? That's cute. No, you did not post a blind link, but I never stated nor implied that. I'll tell you what it is I believe you did, however. Ok, let's start out with the Evox section:

http://www.allxboxsk...?app=EvoX&cat=0

This lists the skins from the latest to earliest by default. It's also up-to-date. From here, I can enter Blackbolt in the author box. Yes, I can now see all of Blackbolt's skins here. Look at the address bar now. It reads:

http://www.allxboxsk...hp?app=EvoX&s=1

Ok, let's say I now want to run a search for the author mnw. I enter that in the author box and his Evox skins are now displayed. Look at the address bar. It now reads:

Notice a pattern? This happens with whatever name you enter in the author box. It's not a new change. The first time I noticed this was before the start of this year. No matter what name you enter into the author box, it will return this same URL. You can even right-click the page and look at its properties. It will display the same URL. Let's go back to your first post and check out the link you posted:

OMFG!!! What a coincidence!! ohmy.gif It's the same link as twice before! You see, I think you did run a search for Blackbolt's skins. I also think you posted a link to what you believed would just display his skins with good intentions. You were, as I have just proven, under a misapprehension. I still, however, fail to believe that you bothered to preview the link. Go ahead and try that link. What do you see? The only place you'll find Blackbolt's name on that page is under the "Popular Skins" menu on the right.

If you had taken the time to preview the link, you would have noticed that www.allxboxskins.com will not allow you to list skins by any author without entering something in the author box. No hotlink. No mysterious URL. Naught.

You could have better directed ApocalypseGene to the Evox skins section on AllXboxSkins at this address:

http://www.allxboxsk...?app=EvoX&cat=0

and telling him to run a search for Blackbolt. You could have also just told him to look for his skins on allxboxskins.com. However, you did not do that. You blatantly stated "Here's some of his work," and linked to the faux search results page. You never said that he should search for it. I know that he can find his away around the net. He has no problem searching, but you sent him to look at something that you thought you'd found without so much as testing it out first.

And yet you came back to this thread, quite hastily at that, trying to argue something that you cannot with your last reply. I have just proven that you did so clearly miss my point, thus negating any semblance of validity your argument would have had.

Don't get me wrong, I got no beef with you. I'm not trying to start something. I just think you should have previewed the link first; that's all. No hard feelings, I hope. smile.gif beerchug.gif

#9 apocalypsegene

apocalypsegene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

My AXS Skins biggrin.gif

#10 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:52 PM

laugh.gif My mistake. I was wrong about not being able to hotlink to it. I apologize for that bit.

How'd you find that URL, AG? I see that you've been as active there as I have recently. tongue.gif Click the pop.gif

#11 apocalypsegene

apocalypsegene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:04 AM

I don't remember how I ran across that url, but I remember that when I did, I saved it immediately. Their search really is shitty.

Those bastards haven't upped my lates Vida Guerra skins. Pricks! I demand satisfaction!!!

#12 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Aug 5 2005, 11:05 AM)
Don't get me wrong, I got no beef with you. I'm not trying to start something. I just think you should have previewed the link first; that's all. No hard feelings, I hope. smile.gif beerchug.gif

View Post

Same.. wasnt trying to start anything. No need for that huge post. Also I really dont care if u or anyone else believes me about the link. The link I posted was just like the one apocalypsegene posted. It had a list of all of blackbolts skins. I actually downloaded a few of em before I pasted the link into my post. I did preview it and clicked it in my post to make sure it was correct.. its really a stupid thing to argue about. I dont know what happened with it and why it takes you somewhere else now when you click it.

#13 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:57 AM

I think it has something to do with Java. Of course, I don't know a thing about Java. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users