X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:360's F-Bodys
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

i was shopping for DVD+R's and could not find the brand everyone says is the best "Yuden" ones. i ended up buying a 75 pack of sony DVD+R's for $35 from sams club. havent had a bad disc yet, they are really good. when i put them in my dvd burner, dvd decripter says Yuden on the right hand side box with the disc info. The only reason i bought them was because they were made in japan not china or tywan , sorry forgot how to spell it, you know who i mean.

anyways i recommend these dvd+r's for anyone looking to buy.

DVD+R Ver 1.2/1X-8X

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

these are "value" yudens, not the top yudens, but much more superior than the lame brand crap

http://www.shop4tech...7&cata=&s_cata=

just got 200 for 62 bucks shipped. good deal. i used a code that gave me 10% off also, ended up being like 55 bucks for 200 discs... search around for the code if you need it.. or jester will pop in and post it.

good luck with your sonys tho.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

The Sonys that he got were in fact re-labeled Taiyo Yuden. @Jer4521 this is a first hand example of how people outsource to other manufacturers, so even though you think you are buying Sony discs, you are in fact buying Taiyo Yuden. That being said most batches of Sony as of late have been their own dyes. This is why I don't buy name brand media anymore, it's too much of a crapshoot with what you get. TY is superb and Sony's own dyes have been really good as well but you never know from batch to batch when they are gonna pull the rug out from under ya and start outsourcing to lower quality manufacturers (ie CMC Magnetics, Prodisc). You can get authentic 8x TY DVD+R or DVD-R from http://www.rima.com for about the same price as you paid for your Sonys and you never have to guess about who is producing the dyes. 50 packs are $22+shipping or the 100 packs can be had for $41+shipping. Either way it all works out to about the same price but as mentioned you aren't subject to taking a roll of the dice. Or if you don't mind the slower write speed you can go with the 4x TY DVD-R listed above which are WAY cheaper. @illusions I was finally able to get the real story with the 4x TY value line DVD-R. The deal is that the value line discs aren't necessarily lower quality than the 8x premium stuff you get from rima.com. The deal is that TY ceased production of 4x media several months back, but there was a HUGE stock of thier 4x media left over. Up until 7-8 months ago TY was so much more expensive than other quality media, they weren't selling at the rate that they currently are. So what we have here is a massive inventory clearance situation. TY or it's distributors grab up all their old 4x TY media that didn't sell, throw it in some shrinkwrap and pitch it for a rediculously low price to clear out their inventory to make room for the newer stuff. Hence value TY was born. wink.gif BTW the code (if it is still valid) is: xpbargains10. That will knock 10% off of the already low price if it is still valid.

Edited by jesterrace777, 14 July 2005 - 07:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users