2 replies to this topic

#1 jchapa

jchapa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

1. I was softmodding my xbox and everything was working fine. I restored it back using slayer now my xbox won't boot from harddrive. I did not save my eeprom.txt file. well my xbox still boots games but can't see the harddrive. Is there anyway I can fix this using xboxhdm? 2. Now I have a broken mobo can I pull the eeprom chip from that one and insert into the good mobo and use the broken mobo's orginal harddrive? Please help I want to do 1. first before I have to do 2. unsure.gif

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

yes look into hotswapping before you change EEPROM's

#3 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:58 PM

Well ... where to start ....

Problem : minor and easily solved

Answer (xman) : not even closely related to question : ignore.

Solution below the quotes

QUOTE(jchapa @ Jul 14 2005, 05:55 PM)
1. I was softmodding my xbox and everything was working fine. I  restored it back using slayer now my xbox won't boot from harddrive. I did not save my eeprom.txt file. well my xbox still boots games but can't see the harddrive. Is there anyway I can fix this using xboxhdm? 2. Now I have a broken mobo can I pull the eeprom chip from that one and insert into the good mobo and use the broken mobo's orginal harddrive? Please help I want to do 1. first before I have to do 2. unsure.gif

View Post

QUOTE(xman954 @ Jul 14 2005, 06:00 PM)
yes look into hotswapping before you change EEPROM's

View Post

- Because it still boots original disks, it's not a hardware (read : hdd) problem.
- If availlable : look up the number, top left of the error screen. (probably : 13/14/16 or 21)
- Load the original game you used to softmod.
- Load the exploited gamesave.
- Replace your dashboard with an original copy. (through ftp, from backup or Slayers)
- Done, have fun.

I don't know where you get the idea you have a broken mobo, if it's a different case I understand, It's not related to the first question.

Edited by Soullar, 14 July 2005 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users