23 replies to this topic

#1 Deathrow

Deathrow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:02 PM

i have a modded xbox and evox dash and i erased ms dash completely and everytime i boot the xbox it goes to this error contact customer support and 21 in top left corner and i cant play games r anythine can someone tell me if there anyway to fix this

#2 manu_xl

manu_xl

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Hacking The Box!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:52 PM

reinstall it with slayer

#3 InsomniacNC

InsomniacNC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:33 AM

About that , I have the same problem , I have NO dash at all , not modded or unmodded . I downloaded and burned slayers installer to a disk . (A normal CD-R) But it did nto play in my xbox . My xbox does work on these CD-R's though cause I put alot of soundtracks on there .

If anyone has anyway around this I would highly appreciate it . It would save me $79 to have it repaired .

It is Error number 13 on mine by the way .

Thanks .

Edited by InsomniacNC, 15 July 2005 - 02:41 AM.

#4 puzio0

puzio0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:14 AM

OK -

First off, I mostly read instead of post, because I find the best info that way - so if my info is incorrect someone just set me straight.

I use softmod and noticed the best way to fix it is to use your C:\ backup that every guide tells you to make. So just pop in MA, or 007 etc - run the softmod exploit and reach the install screen. Don't worry about a slayer disc if it's not reading - an original xbox game will always read.

At that point you are able to FTP to your xbox. (usually using 192.168.0.3) Remember you must change the ip and subnet of your computer in order to FTP to it. - now just delete everything currently on your C:. Then FTP over the back up you created when you first did the softmod. Should be set to go -

By the way Error 13 is:
13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

#5 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:49 AM

Some people dont follow the guides and will have to get thier hands on slayers or a m$ dashboard v4920 + [ as i think the older 3 tabbed versions dont work on new xbox's ]

An error 13 occours when the .xip s are missing from the m$ dash. [ i think ] Or when you have edited the xboxdash.xbe. Im not 100% sure on this.

So if you have a hard modded xbox handy pop the HDD in that, unlock it using its eeprom, put the m$ dash files on there [ xboxdash.xbe -- /fonts/ -- /xboxdashdata.xxxxxxxx/ and if you want the /audio/ but audio is not needed ]

If you dont have a modded xbox id say get a chip. Thier many times better than a softmod.

#6 ask

ask

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

I Need help too.My MS dashboard got deleted and I dont have 1 at all.Is there a place I can download a dashboard and burn it to a disc and load it up in my box>????!

Hit me up on AIM

AIM=a serial kila

#7 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(ask @ Jul 20 2005, 12:59 PM)
I Need help too.My MS dashboard got deleted and I dont have 1 at all.Is there a place I can download a dashboard and burn it to a disc and load it up in my box>????!

The MS dashboard is on the Slayer's auto-installer disc. To find out where to download a copy on IRC, go here.

#8 ask

ask

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

I dont see what I download and where there.

#9 Much

Much

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5 Instructions & Readme

Thats what you download search through there to till you find xboxdash.xbe and replace it I did that yet I get error 21 still so I don't think this will work sleep.gif

#10 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:09 AM

You will need more than the .xbe

You need from there:

/xboxdash.xbe
/xboxdashdata.xxxxxxxx/
/fonts/

Then try to get the box to boot the m$ dash

#11 Much

Much

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:39 AM

And you add those other things to where? I have no idea what happened but where do I put this stuff?

#12 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:22 AM

All of those files go to c:\

Put anywhere eles and the m$ dash wont boot.

Remember: xboxdashdata.xxxxxxx has numbers instead of x's, and xboxdashdata.xxxxxxxxxx and fonts are folders

#13 kyle10

kyle10

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

kyle10 4:57 august1 2005

I need help getting my dashboard back i cant sign on because i keep getting error 21 i dont have any sort of dashboard so if anyone can help me message back plz thank you

#14 kdata

kdata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:52 AM

help

i am getting error 13 what do i do
i have made a back up
but i cant ftp over

#15 Dojorkan

Dojorkan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

I am unable to use the Slayers Disk. BEcause My PC cant burn DVD-R

I tried, CD-R , like the topic creator, but that did not work. Could I just FTP the thing over?

Also, I was able to extract it using XBOX ISO and I can see xboxdash.xbe , xboxdashdata.185ead00 , and now M$ dash....

Edited by Dojorkan, 15 August 2005 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users