• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Modded.. Shell scripting all sorts of things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

Do a loopback install or native install..

#17 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:modding of course<br />starcraft on my box is my dream
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:07 AM

k i dl'ed the package and tried to "mount it but i got this error message... any help?

mount: special device /var/tmp/mydsl.icons does not exist
then it told me that it didnt mount it and i dont think it installed
some one plz help

#18 TheDreamState

TheDreamState

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

i dont mess with my linuxbox much, but the other day i booted it to find that all the apps i installed under wine were mysteriously missing from /program files.

also, any new app i install also was not showing up, and thus not running scince i didnt know the name of the .exe i was soposed to run.

anyone experience anything like this?

#19 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

Wine isn't suppossed to show up in the menu if it is your using it wrong (your using it as a live .dsl it's too memory hungry).. Wine doesn't have some sort of GUI at all.. To lauch a file simply time

wine (nameof.exe) in any command prompt (except when you ssh in )

#20 TheDreamState

TheDreamState

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:49 PM

yea im running a loopback.

problem is that i dont know the name of the .exe files because i cant see them in the /program files folder. maybe i just need to get wine again sad.gif

i know it worked though, because it WAS working. i musta efed it up ?

#21 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

i'm sorry i didn't explain this well you have to do
mydsl-load /path/to/xwine.dsl

every time..

UpdateX fix's this.. I know i promised a beta last friday but i've been swapped..

#22 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

also which user did you install the file via? root or dsl? root would be /root/.wine/c/
dsl would be /home/dsl/.wine/c/

#23 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

ah well thank you keo-keo
currently im havinga little trouble upgrading to a new hdd but as soon i get that working dry.gif i will try and do what u said thanks alot!

#24 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:23 AM

those 2 paths u showed for root and user@xbox.. what are they for?? noob question i know but im just like that lol

#25 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:51 AM

In XDSL you get 3 diffrent Xshell temninal's light dark and root dark.. If you installed wine as root dark then it's root if you installed it as light or normal dark is user dsl.. Wine is setup for mutiple accounts meaning if you installed somthing as root only root can use the install program.. Or if you installed somthing as DSL only dsl can use it (wine looks in your home dir) for root thats /root/ for dsl it's /home/dsl for any other user it's /home/(username)

#26 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:24 PM

sorry for my stupidness lol i figured out what u meant in like 2 mins after my post,went to go try it , but same error about the icons

but i did go and look around in emmelfm for anything it installed and sure enough it dumped alot of wine files in usr/bin

2 of wich did something very colse to running:

1. i ran winelauncher from emmelfm and it brought a up a window that had green text saying that i launched wine with out an argument or a .exe after it
sdo i ran it from 'run program' under dsl menu thing and typed the name a of a d/led .exe and it again launched it but came up with same window saying that it couldnt find the wineconfig file in the PATH or any where it was supposed to look
and xdsl doesnt seem to grant me axcess to /usr/bin and wonmt let me write files to that dir or hange names of files in that dir. i did the su root then it asked for pass, i put it in and nothing changed, still no way to make or rename a file to wineconfig (just for grins tosee if it would gewt any farther)

2. winebrowser or something like that brought up a window explorer kinda lookin file browser that would let me pick a .exe in the loopback and run it, or so it said
i havent tried this one but i have a feeling it does the same thing as running winelauncher with an argument. if im wrong plz!!! tell me!!

im still stuck as far as xwine goes some plz help me!!

chances are other ppl will find it useful to (hopefully!)

thanks in advance for any info

Edited by mod_n00b, 28 July 2005 - 05:26 PM.

#27 Serebrus

Serebrus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:55 PM

Where does the .exe have to be in order for xwine to load it?

#28 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

anyone??

#29 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(Serebrus @ Jul 28 2005, 03:06 PM)
Where does the .exe have to be in order for xwine to load it?

View Post

Anywhere :-)

QUOTE(mod_n00b @ Jul 28 2005, 06:23 PM)
anyone??

View Post

Your making this wayyyy to complicated.. just use the terminal.. wine nameofexe.exe don't use wine launcher and such.. Wine is config'ed out of the box in the .dsl extension..

Your not helping me help you.. Do this.. install the wine.dsl listed above then try to launch a .exe with it..

I just don't see whats so complicated with this.. So far i've tried and tried to repulicate your errors? Is there somthing in the directions you don't understand?

Download wine wget http://project2k.net/xwine.dsl
load wine mydsl-load xwine.dsl (your screen should flicker)
run a program wine /path/to/exe..

If A PROGRAM doesn't work with wine you'll need to tell the people at wineHQ since i have nothing to do with the development.. Sometimes programs need tweeks to run so check out wineHQ on the app database on how to get them to work.

EDIT: Wine folders are hidden to view them in your home directory type ls -a in a command terminal

Edited by Keo-Keo, 29 July 2005 - 05:08 AM.

#30 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:12 AM

1: installed xwine successfully
(cant configure from winelauncher(says cant find wineconfig or a file it needs(i made a blank doc called wineconfig and stuff got wrote into it so im not sure what its looking for) and dont know how to configure it any other way)

2:made iso of sc cd and got bw loader and sc-113.exe and all req. files and installed sc sucessfully

3:when i go to run sc by typing wine bwloader.exe it tries to load it aparently but cant, heres what i get:

--in bash(under root):err:virtual:ProtectVirtualMemory unsupported on another process

--windows looking window saying basicaly the same thing: System warning: your system does not seem to be configured correctly.... and it says to make sure that i have at least 20 megs free on my hard drive.... and it tells me to check virtual memory settings..... all in the same windows lookin window. it gives me the option to continue with sc anyways or quit so naturally i prayed to god and hit continue but it then said....

--could not load neccesary starcraft files please insert starcraft cd.... blah blah u get the picture i mounted cdrom but if i hit enter it goes away and comes back instantly, obviosly not even trying to read the cd(it takes some time to check(and how the heck do u open the drive after u mount it cause the button sure doesnt do it))

well thats as good as i can put it and i hope some one can help me because ive been at it all summer and im ONE step away fro getting this working this is my dream: tv starcraft... anyways nuff bout that HELP ME PLZZZ!!!

thanks in advance smile.gif

im putting this one one other topic , plz dont be mad, i just want this to get answered!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users