• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Modded.. Shell scripting all sorts of things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:26 AM

I understand your frustration but please don't flood the board...

(cant configure from winelauncher(says cant find wineconfig or a file it needs(i made a blank doc called wineconfig and stuff got wrote into it so im not sure what its looking for) and dont know how to configure it any other way)

In my last post i told you not to use winelauncher (DON"T USE IT! ;-) )

second did you close everything after install starcraft? IE stracraft update and stuff..

third and very important do you have a swap file? If no then it will not work.. You'll need to make at least a 128 mb swap file for it to work properly

#32 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:modding of course<br />starcraft on my box is my dream
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

sorry about the flooding, just really want this to work.

i have to go back to work but i will try this later, im guessing though that the swap file is made the same way the loop back is made through the right click menu>apps>etc..

if im wrong let me know so i dont go screwing something up lol, and just out of curiosity what is it that a swap file does? does it make fake virtual memory or something??

and will the insert cd popup go away after this is done also??

thanks for your help keo-keo, u seem to be the only one in this forum that knows anything about this smile.gif

#33 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

ok i made the swap file and redid the installation up to the point of doing wine install.exe
where the play starcraft window came up, so then i tried to run bwloader.exe and in bas i still get the err:virtual mem crap but starcraft doesnt, it comes up with another similar window saying that i need to switch video modes to 640x480 and color pallete to 256 colors.... arent tv's by default 640x480? i dont have hi def or anything maybe theres something i didnt do?..

well the insert cd window didnt come up but im not sure it ever got that far this time so help stil with that to!

#34 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:09 AM

You might be running in 800x600.. i wish i had more time to help fix this issues (hell i havn't turned on the xbox in a week) I'm prepareing for my trip and time is getting shorter and shorter.. Perhaps i could create a intensive step by step procedure on getting SC working.. This includes the loopback to the swap to video and installing wine.. I'll look in to this futher when i get back.. Expect somthing closer to the end of the month or early september..

Unfortually i will be soon i will be unable to contrube as much as i must return to school. I will be taking 18 credit hours and working a full time job.. (as well as playing father) I wanna say i love the scene and i will try to check in from time to time to offer as much help as i can as well as work on developemnt on XDSL. I figured now would be the best time to tell the community.. I ask the community to still support XDSL this includes adding to the wiki http://x-dsl.org and joining our newly formed mailing list. http://groups-beta.g...SL-Linux?lnk=oa . School will not start for me until september 21st.

#35 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:11 PM

any one else know how to change the resolutions in XDSL ?

#36 mod_n00b

mod_n00b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:50 AM

any one else had sucess in running starcraft on the box? some advice would be very apreciated

#37 enliteneer

enliteneer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:51 AM

Does anyone have a copy of wine configured for DSL they could post? The link to http://project2k.net/xwine.dsl seems to be gone.

Thanks!

#38 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

yea sorry my server has been down for a while and will stay down.. Everything i make now will be placed on x-dsl.org.. Here ya go.. http://www.x-dsl.org...loads/xwine.dsl

#39 covenantking

covenantking

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

can xwine run windows 98 games because when i try to it says it will only run on a windows 98 computer and i have seen all over the net that it can run win98 games

#40 top_shotta89

top_shotta89

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

mmm question how do i use wine i download it and mydsl it and my ram and cpu usage whent up so what do i do know

#41 Gibn101

Gibn101

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 24 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

does anyone know how to edit a lnk on the x-dsl desktop and have it work. i edited one for xwine and it does nothing. i have checked the link over and over. i dunno whats the problem

#42 4real*leb

4real*leb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

When i type in mydsl-load xwine.dsl or mydsl-load (location of file) it comes upo with a error message saying "Please mount media containing opt dir the try again" why is it saying this, i know it is not doing this just becauseof xwine because when i try to download uci files it says the same thing. Whats going on?

Edited by 4real*leb, 30 November 2006 - 02:00 AM.

#43 shareware

shareware

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:50 AM

Xwine.dsl can someone please post a new link or send to me by e-mail

#44 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:51 AM

pm me if ya cant find it

#45 donofrio

donofrio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

So does this mean I can install IE or win32 firefox and flash9/10 will play on my xdsl loopback setups...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users