darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

First off, i'll say that I am a HUGE Giants fan. I've been bleeding orange and black since I was 12 so i've been there through the good times and the bad times.

Now on with the rant...

Last night, the Giants played and beat the L.A. Dodgers to start the second half of the season on a winning note. But instead of congratulating his teammates or even just stopping by to say hi, Barry decided to watch the game from the comfort of his own Southern California home. This shit plain blows! I mean c'mon. This team is paying you $22 Million just to sit on your ASS and the least you could do is to stop by the stadium...WHICH IS JUST 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM YOUR FREAKIN' HOUSE!!!

Bottom line is this. Barry's turning 41 this month and all he is now is dead weight. I have nothing but respect for this guy, but I think the Giants are better off without him. Can the Giants sell the same number of tickets without Bonds in their roster? HELL NO. Will this give them a chance to rebuild the team? Possibly. The Giants right now are in the middle of crunch time. The trade deadline is just around the corner, and the only guys that they've brought in are LaTroy Hawkins and Alex Sanchez. Sanchez?!?!? You mean the guy who caused the team the series against the Cardinals? Yep. The same sanchez who didn't catch the 2 flyballs hit to shallow center field that resulted to 2 runs? Yep.

If the Giants do trade Barry to another team, this will give the younger guys a chance to shine and perhaps bring in 2 or 3 quality players to add to their pitching staff and maybe thier hitting rotation. But unfortunately, because of Barry's injury and the fact that he's not getting any younger, he's trade value has gone down...exponentially. 2 Years ago, he was the sporting industry's biggest steal. Today, he's just another aging player in a team that's starting to get desparate. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Barry break the Babe's and Aaron's Homerun records. But I think as a true Giants fan, i'd rather see him do it elsewhere. If he does come back (which I HIGHLY DOUBT), he won't even be an everyday guy. And the fan who bought field tickets to see him play will feel robbed because he didn't even see Barry play.

Bonds is a great player, probably the best baseball player to ever play the game. But I think it's time to cut the chord while it's still fresh. The Giants need to start winning games, and I don't think Bonds is the answer that they're looking for.

Just my thoughts...

OK, now I can breathe better.

#2 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

Barry Bonds has made himself the least likable man in sports. I can't stand the guy. The second he brought his kid into it in that interview I lost all taste for him. He's as selfish as any ball player I've ever seen and I hope for all that's good in baseball he goes away. There's nothing that could be worse then him breaking one of the most coveted records in the game. Aaron had class and I hope he still has the record 4 years from now.

#3 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jul 24 2005, 10:26 AM)
Barry Bonds has made himself the least likable man in sports. I can't stand the guy. The second he brought his kid into it in that interview I lost all taste for him. He's as selfish as any ball player I've ever seen and I hope for all that's good in baseball he goes away. There's nothing that could be worse then him breaking one of the most coveted records in the game. Aaron had class and I hope he still has the record 4 years from now.

View Post

Amen Brother. The only thing though, Barry has so much F'n passion and drive that he'll make sure that the record is his before he retires. The worse thing that could ever happen is for him to walk up to someone and say "Hey, do you not know who I am, I hit more fuckin' home runs than Babe Ruth?!?".

Too sad...

#4 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jul 26 2005, 12:34 AM)
Amen Brother.  The only thing though, Barry has so much F'n passion and drive that he'll make sure that the record is his before he retires.  The worse thing that could ever happen is for him to walk up to someone and say "Hey, do you not know who I am, I hit more fuckin' home runs than Babe Ruth?!?".

Too sad...

View Post

Very seldom would I ever wish someone's career cut short. As a Yankees fan of course I don't want Schilling to pitch well. But I'd hate to think his career will never be the same because he pitched injured in series........ I hope Bonds never heals to play again.....

#5 BinaryMod

BinaryMod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:36 PM

go devil rays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users