Orion Pax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:28 AM

Not a really important or extemely needed suggestion but since its possible to have a In Game Reset key sequence, is it possible to put a second one that when triggered it forces the xbox to shutdown? So many times I get tired of playing games and in order to turn it off I have to do one of 2 things 1.) get up and do it the old fashioned way or 2.) IGR the xbox to go back to the dash and select shutdown xbox from the menu somewhere.

#2 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:37 AM

iND-BiOS has that feature... back+white turn off the box I believe.

#3 ILTB

ILTB

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Orion Pax @ Jul 16 2005, 01:39 PM)
Not a really important or extemely needed suggestion but since its possible to have a In Game Reset key sequence, is it possible to put a second one that when triggered it forces the xbox to shutdown?  So many times I get tired of playing games and in order to turn it off I have to do one of 2 things 1.) get up and do it the old fashioned way or 2.)  IGR the xbox to go back to the dash and select shutdown xbox from the menu somewhere.

View Post

You can shutdown from UIX.
But it wont work in games becasue as soon as another xbe is launched the hotkey wouldnt be valid. Like the guy above said, do it from the iND BIOS.

#4 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

Well Im sure you could map the shut down function to the IGR keys, so you'd basically either IGR twice or just hold it down longer...

#5 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

If the IGR is a function of the bios, it will take precedence to whatever program is running. Just try iND-BiOS, you might like it. It's VERY configurable. (as much or more so as X2).

#6 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:49 AM

Yeh someone like igr needs to be at a bios level.

-BxN

#7 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(Jameson42 @ Jul 17 2005, 06:14 PM)
If the IGR is a function of the bios, it will take precedence to whatever program is running.  Just try iND-BiOS, you might like it.  It's VERY configurable.  (as much or more so as X2).

um nope. UIX doesn't have the IGR function in for some time now. Something like BxN` should know this. wink.gif

#8 Rockade

Rockade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:31 AM

Hehe you have to keep careful with those ingr sequences though... like the ind bios shutdown, if you play Steel Battalion, the freakin' ignition switch turns off the xbox..... took me a while to figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users