• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uc.[s]aphire

uc.[s]aphire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

Well, I am new, with xbox. But I love collecting operating systems I have them all, well I loved it, I have all linux versions , windows versions and a few macintosh versions. Also all Longhorn versions, my point is it might be possible to install windows by using a backup. I might not be sure from what windows. But I think the best solution is, windows xp mediacenter 2003, or windows xp tablet pc edition (for the people without keyboards). I had some cd downloaded from winbeta with all the windows xp 2003 versions on it, like (XP = / pro/ home/ mediacenter/ tablet pc edition). I have all the orginal serial numbers, I don't tell them of course:P so I am not illegal. Well anyway using a program as Powerquest Driveimage (Not the newest version), or Norton Ghost (Not the newest version), should be the solution. Well anyway some people don't understand what I am saying so I tell it in short.

-> Saphire''s plan <-
1. Place your xbox harddisk in your computer
2. Use the emergency diskettes from driveimage, or ghost
3. Install the backup on your harddisk
4. After it's done place your harddisk in your xbox

(All we need is someone who can modified a backup, but maybe that is useless cause it might work.)

My second plan

-> Saphire's second plan <-
1. Same as above
2. Same as above
3. Use a backup from windows xp where not all files are installed but you are at the beginning of the blue installation screen, and you have putted off your computer well you where in the installation screen. Then setup might ask you to continue the installation.
4 Same as above

THis plan might work better then the one above I am not sure. Just try and we shall see.

Hint! : You might make a backup of your harddisk first before you do this, so you can restore the old situation

PS!. BTW I know my english sucks cause I am not online for 13 months already, thats shit.

#2 sportsguy1237

sportsguy1237

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

NOPE! will not work

because the xbox uses a special filesystem, called FATX which is similar to FAT32.

all windows OS's do NOT understand FATX

so installing would not work because A: you would need a non-stock harddrive, and make the G or F partition FAT32

and B: when windows loads it does a PCI bus scan, and a few other things w. memory and such, which causes the xbox to lock up

read the pinned thread and you will understand.

#3 FSM

FSM

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Xbox! Music and Fast cars (racing Pontiac this year) ;)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

Using a hybrid OS Such as the OS made bootable *(someone made an emergency boot disk for a russian forum a bit ago *ahem* funkysouls *ahem* that is linux, with full support for Xbox, PS2, Pentium, AMD, and PowerPC cores, as well, it was a linux OS, but the CD booted directly into a backed-up version of XP, with firefox (newest release) with AntiSpyware, and a sweep of software that would make the advanced computer tech cry (windows fullscreened SUSE cored linux, with support for everything, all on 1 CD!!! CD! I'll see what the logistics of releasing it is, but I know there are a handful of us on this forum as well.

~FSM

#4 purple81

purple81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

norton ghost doesnt care about the fat system..it can make sector copy

#5 sportsguy1237

sportsguy1237

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

don't you think this option has been explored already?

but if you feel you can do it, go for it, and let us know how it works out.

#6 the_devil73

the_devil73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(uc.[s]aphire @ Jul 16 2005, 12:16 PM)
Well, I am new, with xbox. But I love collecting operating systems I have them all, well I loved it, I have all linux versions , windows versions and a few macintosh versions. Also all Longhorn versions, my point is it might be possible to install windows by using a backup. I might not be sure from what windows. But I think the best solution is, windows xp mediacenter 2003, or windows xp tablet pc edition (for the people without keyboards). I had some cd downloaded from winbeta with all the windows xp 2003 versions on it, like (XP = / pro/ home/ mediacenter/ tablet pc edition). I have all the orginal serial numbers, I don't tell them of course:P so I am not illegal. Well anyway using a program as Powerquest Driveimage (Not the newest version), or Norton Ghost (Not the newest version), should be the solution. Well anyway some people don't understand what I am saying so I tell it in short.

-> Saphire''s plan <-
1. Place your xbox harddisk in your computer
2. Use the emergency diskettes from driveimage, or ghost
3. Install the backup on your harddisk
4. After it's done place your harddisk in your xbox

(All we need is someone who can modified a backup, but maybe that is useless cause it might work.)

My second plan

-> Saphire's second plan <-
1. Same as above
2. Same as above
3. Use a backup from windows xp where not all files are installed but you are at the beginning of the blue installation screen, and you have putted off your computer well you where in the installation screen. Then setup might ask you to continue the installation.
4 Same as above

THis plan might work better then the one above I am not sure. Just try and we shall see.

Hint! : You might make a backup of your harddisk first before you do this, so you can restore the old situation

PS!. BTW I know my english sucks cause I am not online for 13 months already, thats shit.

View Post

I see u didnt read my post. XP WILL not run on xbox because u need a bios that can boot it, initialize hardware, etc. Look. Windows XP looks for a bios. The chipset also has a bug to wheras if it looks for hardware, it will freeze.

And say u do get it on, how will u engineer a driver?

I don't mean to put you down, but your talking reckless. Peple since Xbox was first hacked have been trying it, what makes u think its that easy.

Why can u be happy with it running under linux? Im not saying linux is the best, but its Open Source, which means it can be molded, shaped, re made. THere are also tons of devs. WIndows, on the other hand is quite the contrary. It isnt open source and cant even be touched. You cant even find enough code to edit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users