• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sudanmas

sudanmas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

I'm running the latest and greatest build of Evox and I noticed one of the new features of the dash was the ability to launch the old MS Dashboard (useful for setting video modes, date/time and such)

I have the old MSDash on my C drive, but clicking on the option within Evox to launch the old MSDash simply causes Evox to flash its logo briefly before dropping me right back into the Evox Menus.

I read that you should have a copy of the MSDash executable in the root of C and I've placed a copy there, but the run MSDash from Evox option still doesn't work.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Rob

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:54 AM

you need to have the MS dash in the C:, and configure the evox.ini file to find it.

#3 sudanmas

sudanmas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

When you say the MS DASH must reside on the C drive, can you be more specific?

In which directory must the MS DASH executable and associated supporting files be located in order for EVox to properly launch it? I have the MS DASH XBE file along with all of the associated supporting files, but I don't know what needed to go where.

The MS DASH executable was copied to the root of the XBox's C drive, but do all of the other MSDAH files have to be copied to the C Drive as well?

With regards to the evox.ini, I was told no adjustments were required in so far getting EVox to launch MSDASH using the latest version of EVoX. If this is not the case, what changes need to be made to the EVox.ini?

Thanks!

Rob

#4 PacMansRancor

PacMansRancor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

I'm guessing all the supported files need to be copied as well. Like running a program on your computer without the supported files... doesn't work.

#5 patricksull

patricksull

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:47 AM

you need to get a copy of slayer 2.6 autoinstaller......then reinstall (rebuild) your dash. Very easy to do with this disc. I had same problem, do a search for my question/answer in this forum! Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users