• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pbrobyn

pbrobyn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

I have connected my xbox to my PC in the past but i recently tried to connect a friends which wouldn't work do i changed some of the setting and now can not get either xbox to connect, i've followed a couple of different tutorials but still can't find anything to work. My set up is as follows

I'm running windows XP, i have a USB moden which is connected to the net and 1 spare NIC which i have a crossover cable connect to my xbox, i have set the IP address to 198.168.0.2 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 everything else is blank (i have tried other tutorials which require you to fill in certain other parts but these do not work either)

My xbox is running EvoX and my setting are:
Setup Network: Yes
Use Static IP: Yes
IP: 192.168.0.3
Default Gateway:<blank>
DNS:0.0.0.0
DNS:0.0.0.0

I have Ftp enabled and password is set to xbox.

When i try to ping my xbox i get : TIL expired in transit?
I have tried disabling my internet connect then i get the message distination host unreachable when i try to ping my xbox. I do have an icon for my network connection which say's it's connected when i turn the xbox on and disconnected when i turn it off.
I have tried many different configurations but can't get it working no matter what i do, i even bought a brand new cable because i thought that may be the issue but i am still getting the same problem.

Can someone please help me!!

#2 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:50 AM

Try using DHCP instead of Static.

#3 pbrobyn

pbrobyn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

How do i use DHCP, i have tried setting the Use Satic IP to No, and also tried having the computer NIC to obtain IP and also use specific IP but just get an IP of 0.0.0.0?

#4 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(Zdemon29958 @ Jul 18 2005, 02:31 PM)
Try using DHCP instead of Static.

View Post

Agreed, set your usb modem internet connection to Internet sharing, this makes the PC a DHCP server. IF you look at your PC NIC after this it should be using a static ip of 192.168.0.1. Do not change it. Now go to your xbox and set it to static = no. Reboot and it should be issued an IP (probably 192.168.0.2) use this IP to FTP. The xbox should also have internet access when the pc is connected.

beerchug.gif

#5 pbrobyn

pbrobyn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:04 AM

Worked like a charm!!

Thanks heaps biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users