Photo

Replacing An Old Xecuter2 With Xecuter3? Possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 liquidpimp

liquidpimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

Heres the scoop,

I bought my FIRST xbox in Summer 2003. I bought it for xbox live, cause it was soooo cool. I modded my xbox unknowingly that it would not work with xbox live. I was having a blast with my modded xbox until I wanted to play online. The xecuter 2 chip I had in my box was unable to play on live. I screamed in agony!
I decided to buy another xbox just for xbox live ( I saved up for a long time) and got it later that year.

So now I have a dead modded xbox that I never use because I havent gotten the HD replaced that is inside. I just lost interest because I couldnt play on xbox live with it. Heres the thing that gets me... the new xecuter 3 chip. And so one last thing before I get to the point of this brief story: I soldered my first xecuter chip. It works just fine and I soldered it very well. My question is:

Is it possible to intall a new xecuter 3 chip in my OLD MODDED xbox by simply plugging the new chip into the solder joint? (you know the end of the solder part that looks female, plugs into the male part on the xecuter 2 chip). If this is possible I am going to be sooo happy. If not do they sell an adapter for the old solder female joint I have to adapt to the new xecuter 3 chip? Let me know if there is anyway to revive this chip so I can play online...

So is it? Can I go back to my old xbox? can I sell my 2nd xbox and use the change to save up for a xbox360? Fill me in guys, for I gotta know this answer.

I thank everyone in advance for all support you can give me on this issue. I apologize in advance if there is a post about this already, For I looked but could not find anything. Thanks again!

emoeric@cox.net cool.gif

Edited by liquidpimp, 18 July 2005 - 05:55 PM.

#2 SilentAssasin64

SilentAssasin64

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

Well, the X3 uses all 16 points on the LPC, instead of 12 or so with other chips. So what you could do is break off a little 2x2 piece of pin header and solder that in. Then, you could just stick the X3 on and your good to go.

#3 liquidpimp

liquidpimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(SilentAssasin64 @ Jul 18 2005, 07:17 PM)
Well, the X3 uses all 16 points on the LPC, instead of 12 or so with other chips.  So what you could do is break off a little 2x2 piece of pin header and solder that in.  Then, you could just stick the X3 on and your good to go.

View Post

Is it really that easy? where can I pick up this 2x2 pin header? You know I havent been inside my xbox in almost 2 years, so everything is going to be a little hazy. I remember for the most part how to tear everything apart, I just dont know where this pin header is that you are talking about. Is there a possible guide you can link me too? if its really this easy I will go ahead and buy a chip pronto!

As well I have seen x3 working on live, so I know it works. Is there anything else I have to buy? Any really bad compatibility issues. I didnt test the x3 chip extensively, I just stared in amazement. would you recommend the LCD and control panel for the chip? What does the LCD do or say, because my cousin only had the control panel.

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP, thanks again so much. The more info you can give me, the better.

-liquid

P.S. you know of any places that still have guides for my xbox? I dont know what version I have (I am at work, but I will know once I get home) but like I said it was purchased in fall 2003.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users