13 replies to this topic

#1 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:57 AM

Hi all,

I have two problems I will start with thye main problem first and that would be I had my firend say he could get my box chipped for $90 so I gave him the x-box and after 2 weeks.... I know heaps too long I get it back and I can't do much... is there a way I can check to see if they actually did mod the x-box or if I have been ripped ??

second question I have followed lots of tuts on how to network the pc and xbox through a cross-over cable but still with no success could someone please point me in the right direction.... I'm about to through my computer and x-box..

thanks. mad.gif

#2 gamesdude137

gamesdude137

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

ok did he install a chip in your box or TSOP flash a hacked bios? you could just open up the box and see if a chip is in there. when you boot up the box wut do u see the M$ dash or flashbios or something like that?

#3 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

I see the normal M$ start up and nothing else...

this is starting to worry me. even with out a "backed up" game I should be able to see if it has been modded ?

#4 gamesdude137

gamesdude137

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:07 AM

hm... 2 things could have happened. 1. he ripped you off and did nothing to your box. 2. he modded your box and put a chip and flashed a bios. all you have to do is put a replacement dashboard now. try booting slayers 2.6 you can get that from the "usual places" if it boots your friend is cool. if it doesnt your friend is a scum bag. hope everything works out.

Edited by gamesdude137, 19 July 2005 - 01:08 AM.

#5 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(gamesdude137 @ Jul 19 2005, 10:48 AM)
he modded your box and put a chip and flashed a bios.  all you have to do is put a replacement dashboard now.  try booting slayers 2.6 you can get that from the "usual places"  if it boots your friend is cool.  if it doesnt your friend is a scum bag.  hope everything works out.

View Post

What do you mean but I need to put a dashboard in.. sorry for asking stupid questions and I appreicate this lots and lots...

#6 gamesdude137

gamesdude137

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:21 AM

no problem. slayers 2.6 is a disk that will easily add the evox dash and many apps that you need. just download and burn to a dvd-r. pop it in the drive and turn off the box. then turn the box back on with the disk inside. if slayers boots, your friend is cool. the reason i'm asking this is because slayers is unsigned code. something you need a modded box to boot. got it? smile.gif

#7 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:24 AM

arrrrrrrrrrr this is all now starting to come together so if it works.. no punches

and if it doesn't I should be booking a hospital bed for my mate.. lol

Thank you very much for all your help your a superstar and then I should be able to network these things if there are no punches ?

#8 gamesdude137

gamesdude137

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:28 AM

yes once the dashboard is running and you have the network settings in evox all set up you should be all set. good luck biggrin.gif and if it doesnt work go to his house and beat him up tongue.gif

#9 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:33 AM

ohh don't worry I think I will book his hospital bed in advance for him just incase.

lol...

Thank you and thank you very much for your time.

#10 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

sorry to bother you again I downloaded the slayer program but it's a exe file.. do I just extract that to a folder and then burn it straight to a dvd ??

because I hope I'm doing this right.

Thanks

#11 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:58 PM

You extract the exe (details on slayer.xbox-scene.com) and burn the xISO to a disc.

Edited by Zdemon29958, 19 July 2005 - 01:59 PM.

#12 jjjjlong

jjjjlong

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Modding X-boxes, Networking, Hacking, Fishing, etc..
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Reign21 @ Jul 18 2005, 08:15 PM)
I see the normal M$ start up and nothing else...

this is starting to worry me. even with out a "backed up" game I should be able to see if it has been modded ?

View Post

If you see a normal M$ Boot Screen try turning on the xbox via Eject Button or power button and if you still see the normal M$ Screen then chances are he did nothing to it. Why wouldn't your friend load the dash for you? It's a simple 1 min task...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#13 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:29 PM

The most obvious thing here is you are asking the wrong people. we can only guess based on what you tell us.
If this guy is your friend ask him. If he is your friend why would he rip you off. If he has what do your enemies do to you.

#14 Reign21

Reign21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

I don't have any enemys yet and I burnt the ISO onto my Xbox and nothing happened... except a message popped up saying that it doesn't recognise it.
So I guess the Box will be going back to my friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users