3 replies to this topic

#1 nickbuhl

nickbuhl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:51 AM

I'm trying to follow a guide to HDD upgrade with no modchip. I found the other programs but I can't find atapwd in the folder it is said to be in(PC/harddrivetools), nor any other folder for that matter. Hint please? Here are my tutorials: http://xbox-scene.co...ip-hdd-swap.php
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=41&t=105803

#2 nickbuhl

nickbuhl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:38 AM

Nevermind I found the file on some other site. Could someone kindly let me know if either of those 2 tutorials is out-of-date?

#3 nickbuhl

nickbuhl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:06 AM

Is there any chance atapwd.exe would only work on WD drives? This box had a seagate in it. The seagate stock hdd is in my pc as primary master, but atapwd does not see it; the line is blinking, but blank. I'm looking at using xboxhdm now. Sorry for triple-posting, but only now are my questions becoming worthwhile I think.

#4 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(nickbuhl @ Jul 19 2005, 06:17 AM)
Is there any chance atapwd.exe would only work on WD drives? This box had a seagate in it. The seagate stock hdd is in my pc as primary master, but atapwd does not see it; the line is blinking, but blank. I'm looking at using xboxhdm now. Sorry for triple-posting, but only now are my questions becoming worthwhile I think.

View Post

Whatever you do... DON'T continue!

If you want to replace your hard disk with a softmodded Xbox, follow the xboxhdm-tutorial in the softmod forum. The tutorial that you are trying to follow is outdated and sometimes even dangerous.

xboxhdm is FAR more stable and easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users