• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tic-tac

tic-tac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:45 AM

It's been a while since I backed up my games, and now that I've upgraded to Toast Titanium 6, the "image file" option no longer works. (It assumes the image is a CD/XA). I've extracted using trackfive's old app, Xbox Backup Toolkit. Running Tiger. Any ideas, Mr. Ed? Thanks!

#2 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:10 AM

Ok, so you select the Copy Tab, select Image File, Click Select, and now I think you need to keep Auto-Detect Format selected. It will warn you that it doesn't think the disc is valid, click Continue, then in the next dialog, make sure pregap and postgap are 0, and select 2048 Bytes for the sector size. This is different from version 5, where you wanted to deselect Auto-Detect Format before choosing your ISO.

beerchug.gif

#3 iwannadie

iwannadie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ Jul 18 2005, 11:21 PM)
Ok, so you select the Copy Tab, select Image File, Click Select, and now I think you need to keep Auto-Detect Format selected. It will warn you that it doesn't think the disc is valid, click Continue, then in the next dialog, make sure pregap and postgap are 0, and select 2048 Bytes for the sector size.  This is different from version 5, where you wanted to deselect Auto-Detect Format before choosing your ISO.

beerchug.gif

View Post

i just go to Copy/Image file, then drag the iso on that and burn, never get the format error either. i use the xbox drag and drop tools. so far no issues at all and i havent updated them in forever lol

#4 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(iwannadie @ Jul 18 2005, 11:36 PM)
i just go to Copy/Image file, then drag the iso on that and burn, never get the format error either. i use the xbox drag and drop tools. so far no issues at all and i havent updated them in forever lol

View Post

You're right, it behaves the same when you drag and drop as if you click the Select... button and choose the ISO as I said. You still need to make sure to select 2048 as the Sector Size however, even if you drag and drop. For some reason my Toast always defaults to 2352.

#5 tic-tac

tic-tac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:36 AM

Many, many thanks for the quick replies. I'll try that after my currently-burning, lame attempt using Disk Copy fails... lol

beerchug.gif

#6 tic-tac

tic-tac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:42 PM

Hey, just to follow up: Disk Copy worked! Well, I guess technically it's Disk Utility, but my complete workflow was to use trackfive's Automator scripts, then open the .iso in DU and burn. Sooooooo nice to do practically everything in Tiger. Thanks for the info re: Toast, though. Mr. Ed, we should update your tutorial...

#7 jjjjlong

jjjjlong

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Modding X-boxes, Networking, Hacking, Fishing, etc..
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(tic-tac @ Jul 19 2005, 11:53 AM)
Hey, just to follow up: Disk Copy worked! Well, I guess technically it's Disk Utility, but my complete workflow was to use trackfive's Automator scripts, then open the .iso in DU and burn. Sooooooo nice to do practically everything in Tiger. Thanks for the info re: Toast, though. Mr. Ed, we should update your tutorial...

View Post

There ya go! I'm a OS X Tiger user myself and my Imageburner app just broke and I was pissed and wonderin what I could use to burn the disc image and voila after lookin around I found the good ole disk ulitily tool and awesome! it worked terffic!! Ya I'm gonna make a automater app for it soon!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

#8 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(tic-tac @ Jul 19 2005, 09:53 AM)
Mr. Ed, we should update your tutorial...

View Post

Yes I know. My tutorial is terribly out of date.

I've started updating it several times, but getting the finished product that I'm happy with takes a while and then some other project comes up...

rolleyes.gif

#9 jpfisher

jpfisher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

I was able to flawlessly burn backup discs on my G4 with external Pioneer A04. Now with a G5 (dual 2.7 GHz, superdrive - SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A) -- I'm using Roxio Toast Titanium 6.0.1 to burn.

I can burn CD-Rs that my Xbox reads without problems. The DVDs just don't work -- I can't even burn a DVD movie (a legit one made with Final Cut Pro & DVD Studio Pro, not some attempt at backing-up a store-bought) to work in the Xbox... I shot a friend's wedding the other month and put the DVD of it in my Xbox to play and test and it did not work. Played fine in both my Toshiba DVD player.

I do not believe it's the media -- I'm using Ritek discs, which have always worked in the past. I will be taking a DVD movie I burned over to a friend's place tonight and trying it in his Xbox to see what happens. These games will also not play in a friend's Xbox -- Evox says they are "Unknown"

Does anyone have any experience with this drive and trouble burning backups? Any other software I should try? Doing everything exactly the same as I did on my old G4... kind of wish I hadn't sold that Pioneer burner with the rest of the computer now... I would be willing to buy a new burner if necessary, been kind of wanting to get a Lightscribe, but don't want to if that isn't going to fix things.

-- Jim

Edited by jpfisher, 24 September 2005 - 04:16 PM.

#10 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(jpfisher @ Sep 24 2005, 09:23 AM)
SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A

I don't know about that drive specifically but people have been complaining lately about Sony burners. I use a Pioneer 109 in an external enclosure as well as Toast 6.1.1 (free update from 6.0.1).

You could try some Taiyo Yuden -R DVDs before giving up as they are the best. Do you know what kind of drive your XBOX has in it?

#11 jpfisher

jpfisher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

The Xbox has... umm... I want to say the Samsung -- it's the one that "reads everything" including CD-R media -- I paid to have it upgraded.

All of my older Ritek media burned on the A04 works fine. I forgot to mention that I also picked up a spindle of Memorex DVD-Rs at Best Buy and tried one of those in my Sony burner and it didn't work.

I'm going to borrow some known-good media from a friend and burn it on my system and see if that works.

Just odd that it will read a CD-R burned with that drive and not a DVD-R.

I'm leaning towards picking up a Lightscribe at this point... I'll have to see what companies actually make those mechanisms.

-- Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users