No Error Number
Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:53 AM
Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:05 AM
The bad news is this is most likely a hardware error, probably the hdd. Which isn't easily solved.
* can you hear the harddisk spinning up and making some 'clicks'?
* does the DVD tray still open?
* does it boot when you put a game in the DVD tray, then power on (with game in tray)
* Is it chipped? If so, with a solderless chip (might have shifted out of place)
You COULD open the xbox and try to check all connectors, though this probably won't help much. Before opening ask if his warranty expired. If no : send it back to MS, if it's not modded
Edited by Soullar, 19 July 2005 - 10:10 AM.
Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:13 AM
dvd tray doesnt open
and its not chipped or soft modded
and i already opened it and checked all of the cables
Edited by PunkRocker351, 19 July 2005 - 10:14 AM.
Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:26 AM
My 2 guesses are :
* The motherboard got damaged, apparantly the the hdd and dvd don't get any power.
* The powersupply got damaged and only parts of the motherboard getting power.
I'm far from a hardware guru, but if I remember correct you should have either 3.6V or 5V on various parts .... you might want to visit the hardware section to be sure. This might involve manually measuring the voltage .....
My best bet is the motherboard is damgaged, which won't be an easy fix (needs replacement along with a new hdd)
Don't expect an easy fix though ...
Edited by Soullar, 19 July 2005 - 10:27 AM.
Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:32 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users