14 replies to this topic

#1 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 05:11 PM

what can you do with an x2pro that you cant do with the lite? i understand the basics, but for example if i want to make another system JUST to run linux. would there be any advantage to getting a pro chip?

#2 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 05:28 PM

If you just want to run linux and don't want to flash the mod chip then a lite will be ok. If you think you will ever want to flash the chip (with a new cromwell for example), then I'd go for a pro, because it comes with a programmer in case things go wrong.

#3 js16fx

js16fx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:30 PM

With the pro you need to flash the bios yourself. If that's a pain for you the X-ecuter 2 lite is pre-flashed. I hope this helps.

#4 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:00 PM

thanks for all the input it does help, and flashing the pro wouldnt be a prob for me. however i do not fully understand all the diff types of bois as far as 1 meg or 2 512k bois, is it a speed differance? capability differance, this im new on. thanks for your input. oh also more specificly are there app, programs or settings that can be run with a pro and not a lite? thanks again

#5 StrongBad

StrongBad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Hath @ Apr 4 2003, 08:00 PM)
thanks for all the input it does help, and  flashing the pro wouldnt be a prob for me. however i do not fully understand all the diff types of bois as far as 1 meg or 2 512k bois, is it a speed differance? capability differance, this im new on. thanks for your input. oh also more specificly are there app, programs or settings that can be run with a pro and not a lite? thanks again

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=9&t=42095

#6 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:19 PM

thank you bud, one question on there wasnt answered though. in the flash managment tool the first 2 banks are then falshed to one jumper setting, and then switch the jumper setting and flash the last 2 banks of the tool . is this correct?

#7 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:44 PM

Not sure I got your que, but on another note, the price diff on the Pro vs Lite is not that much, so why not splurge?

#8 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:51 PM

i did just order the pro. heres my only beef with it. has that external adapter...looks ugly and could be damaged. was just now thinking of a way to mod it just access the port. and now im trying to figure out the switch situation and how id make that work seeing how they would be inside the box under thier current configuration.

#9 Wilco

Wilco

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:44 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say, but if you get the X2 pro, you don't need to add a switch. It's on the external adapter.

#10 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:48 PM

yes i understand that, however its kind of big. i was thinking of installing it so i can still access the port. yet have to beable to access the switched which would requir a slight mod seeings how if i installed the adapter inside the case the stock switched would no longer be accessible

#11 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:08 PM

I was thinking of that, but since people normally don't access the rear of my xbox, I don't mind too much. It would be kind of cool if someone customer fit a black cover over it though.

#12 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:47 PM

check this out.

http://xbox.shallax.com

#13 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Hath @ Apr 4 2003, 09:47 PM)
check this out.

http://xbox.shallax.com

The page cannot be displayed

#14 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:58 PM

thats odd, it was working just 10 minutes ago

#15 Megadeth

Megadeth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:34 AM

thats a nice job done with the switches and the usb mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users