#1 Towlies

Towlies

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Im trying to make a backup of my Halo 2 cause my kids are scratching the game up. So then i ftp the game to a folder. Then i use C-XBox Tool 2 to make a .iso but them when i try to burn or open it i get a error saying its a unknown format or damaged. I dont know why to get this error i backed up many games now i have a problem.

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

Don't try to open it...its not a normal ISO format. Just use DVDDecrypter to burn it...hopefully you deleted the dashupdate.xbe so it will fit on a DVD-R.

#3 Towlies

Towlies

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

Yea i took out all the update files. The .iso i can usually open in winrar just to look at it. The thing is can i burn it with Alchohol 120.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

Once the backed up files are converted to an XISO you can't open it on the pC with winrar.
Alcohol 120 will burn the ISO to disc just fine.

#5 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:In order... Girlfriend, Friends, Xbox/PC shite...
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

The best and most common combination of apps to use to create backups and any type of an xbox compatible cd/dvd are QWIX and NERO.
I'm pretty sure NERO has a free download and QWIX is free and just flat out badass!
Thousands of users and errors that aren't user-inflicted are highly unlikely and very rare.
It's all extremely fool-proof.
I've created/extracted hundreds of Xbox Iso's with QWIX and burned many of them flawlessly with NERO.

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

DVD Decrypter is 100% free though and unlike Nero, doesn't require tweaking to make it work properly each time. As a whole people have more consistant results with DVD Decrypter than Nero.

#7 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:25 PM

Uh... with Nero all you do is open Nero, click on "Burn Image to Disc", browse to the ISO and burn....

That's pretty simple...

More people have problems/issues with DVD Decrypter...

user posted image

-Danny

#8 slcsnkman

slcsnkman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

I thought you couldnt backup a game using the computer and here you suggest DVDD and Nero? What gives blink.gif

#9 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(slcsnkman @ Jul 26 2005, 10:06 PM)
I thought you couldnt backup a game using the computer and here you suggest DVDD and Nero? What gives blink.gif

View Post

*Sigh*

You use the XBOX to FTP the image over to your PC, then you use a program to convert it to an ISO file AND THEN USE DVD DECRYPTER OR NERO TO BURN THE ISO AS A BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, you can make a backup of a game that is already BACKED UP without having to use the XBOX at all. Just read the image from the backup to the HD and then write back to DVD-R. Great for transferring games from crappy media to quality media.

@Danny, I have found it to be the other way around. More people here report problems with burning XBOX ISOs with Nero than DVD Decrypter. Solved many a problem for people by having them switch.

#10 Zarrinnis

Zarrinnis

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and football
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(--DANNY-- @ Jul 21 2005, 12:36 AM)
Uh... with Nero all you do is open Nero, click on "Burn Image to Disc", browse to the ISO and burn....

That's pretty simple...

More people have problems/issues with DVD Decrypter...

user posted image

-Danny

View Post

No actually, DVD Decrypter is far better than Nero and I have never had a problem burning ISO's with it. And I had thousands of problems with Nero.

#11 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:54 PM

That makes two of us (and many more). Don't get me wrong, Nero is a great app but for burning XBOX ISOs DVD Decrypter seems to be far more consistent with burning perfect backups whereas Nero does not. I tried all sorts of burning programs and the only one that consistantly gives me a perfect working XBOX ISO backup everytime is DVD Decrypter.

#12 dikdiamond

dikdiamond

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:40 AM

I agree,I've had more reliable burns with DVD Decrypter than Nero,even on crap media like Staples or Memorex or Maxell

#13 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:50 AM

Well... afaik, the type of media you are burning to doesn't have anything to do with what programs work better.

And I didn't think that anyone with a brain could mess up a proper burn with Nero, since all you have to do is double click the Nero icon to open it... Click Burn image to disc... browse to the PROPER iso that you created... double click it... click burn...

That seems pretty damn easy and hard to mess up if you ask me. If any problems do occur, it's either because you are a dumbass and don't know how to open a program and click like less than 10 times, or your iso was incorrectly made.

I've burned HUNDREDS of xbox discs before using QWIX to make the iso and Nero to burn. It takes less than 2 minutes total for everything, and I've never had any error or issue.

If anyone is having issues with nero, then they are trying to use an outdated guide, have an Older version of Nero, or are opening the Classic Nero window instead of running Nero Start Smart.

-Danny

#14 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:31 AM

You follow the same simple method with DVD Decrypter. Open up DVD Decrypter, then select the mode option, select ISO-->Write and burn the desired file to disc. Simple as that. It's not a question of intelligence here, it's a question of certain software working better on some setups than others. It certainly isn't uncommon for people to experience this even if they have everything set 100% perfect. It should also be noted that DVD Decrypter is a freeware program.

Edited by jesterrace777, 29 July 2005 - 07:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users