• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leeloo5

leeloo5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, BT, dvdshrink, messing with electronics, Half.com selling.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:38 PM

I have been talking with dr oldschool and he has made a vga patch for the nkpatcher method of softmoding the xbox.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=408396

he has made his source code available, however his method only works on softmoded xbox's.

He has suggested to me that this patch method will work with all games, and will even be able to force many games to display in 480p that were only 480i without the need to hex editing.

No it would not have the same issues as ind bios (or other vga bios), because my code is different. I always reset gpu on video mode change.

If it were possible, it would be a great use if someone knowledgeable could patch another bios such as the ind-bios or the x2 4981 bios with this patch.

i'd rather not have to softmod an xbox that already has a chip in it. this would be of great use if it works well.

#2 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:33 PM

I agree! I want to be able to play games like morrowind, splinter cell, and kotor in VGA without the green problem. You should probably post this in the BIOS forums.

Edited by Jameson42, 20 July 2005 - 08:34 PM.

#3 leeloo5

leeloo5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:32 PM

good suggestion, i'll get right on it.

#4 St0mPeR

St0mPeR

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:PC gaming Xbox gaming console gaming gaming gaming gaming gaming gaming gaming oh and GAMING!! HEHEE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(leeloo5 @ Jul 20 2005, 08:49 PM)
I have been talking with dr oldschool and he has made a vga patch for the nkpatcher method of softmoding the xbox.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=408396

he has made his source code available, however his method only works on softmoded xbox's.

He has suggested to me that this patch method will work with all games, and will even be able to force many games to display in 480p that were only 480i without the need to hex editing.
If it were possible, it would be a great use if someone knowledgeable could patch another bios such as the ind-bios or the x2 4981 bios with this patch.

i'd rather not have to softmod an xbox that already has a chip in it.  this would be of great use if it works well.

View Post

yeah what she said. i think

#5 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:56 AM

In the meantime, wouldn't a retail BIOS flashed to one bank on the chip, combined with NKPatcher+VGA on the HDD, also work?

#6 leeloo5

leeloo5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

you'd have to softmod the xbox, aka replace a bunch of system files to get it to work (and i think lock the drive). so i'm not sure if the msdash will still work. I'd rather have my c-drive normal and be able to boot stock from the chip when i want. Its not a big problem, but something like this would be real usefull considering its such a great and cheap easy to do mod.

#7 TB_88

TB_88

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, tennis, and sports and also computers...
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:21 PM

bump!

I alwasy wonder why this hack isn't out yet... There are many BIOS Hacking groups but I stil wonder why not one of them have added VGA support...
Like the IND bioses... Junkmonkey added, not one of the devs?

This is not sort of impossible, or?

#8 Elvin

Elvin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:14 AM

/nod

really need this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users