Photo

Wtf? I Asked For Help From 'usual Place'....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:37 AM

i asked for help in xbins-help to find A STARTING POINT to find an app that i couldn't find in the usual places, and i got tricked into sending a msg to an autoban bot.

so now what am i supposed to do? can't go back into the Usual Places because i'm IP banned

this is the WHOLE REASON i don't use IRC.

didn't ask for a game. didn't ask for anything against the rules....didn't ask to be spoonfed...just wanted a direction/suggestion as to a place to search to find something that wasn't found at the usual place....

WTF!!!

so now what? am i banned forever?

is there any place that's SAFE from A$$holes like that?

*REALLY FRUSTRATED*

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 21 July 2005 - 02:40 AM.

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:40 AM

Yep.... if you don't know what you're doing over there, you will get banned.

Try bittorent.

#3 rixter110

rixter110

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:xbox duh

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:44 AM

i asked for help in xbins-help to find A STARTING POINT to find an app that i couldn't find in the usual places, and i got tricked into sending a msg to an autoban bot.

so now what am i supposed to do? can't go back into the Usual Places because i'm IP banned

what exactly are you looking for? p.m if you need to instead.. wink.gif

#4 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Jul 21 2005, 03:51 AM)
Yep.... if you don't know what you're doing over there, you will get banned.

Try bittorent.

View Post

i knew what i was doing...i asked for help in the help channel....i asked for a suggestion as to a place to search for something.....i've been trying to find it for 4 days now, and have joined up on 3 or 4 different forums to hunt for it.

bit torrent failed me first...that's why i started looking elsewhere.

how do i go about getting unbanned in case i need something from "The usual place" in the future? obviously, i'm not going back to that stupid "help" area again....but surely there are people here who know of places besides "the usual place"???

i don't need spoon feeding, i just wanted a suggestion.

thanx for the response

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

you people are filling this thread with piracy talk... you might have just gotten a 24 hour ban.. try again tomorrow.
and unless you want banned from xbox-scene... dont say "what program you need, PM me"

and for further info.. check the tutorials on how to properly use xbins.. its rather simple.

edit: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 21 July 2005 - 02:49 AM.

#6 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jul 21 2005, 03:59 AM)
you people are filling this thread with piracy talk... you might have just gotten a 24 hour ban.. try again tomorrow.
and unless you want banned from xbox-scene... dont say "what program you need, PM me"

and for further info.. check the tutorials on how to properly use xbins.. its rather simple.

edit: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

View Post

*calms down* okay, a 24 hour ban isn't SO bad...but piracy? i wanted to know about a place to search for things....didn't once mention piracy....is that a reason to get banned?

oh well....if it is just a 24 hour ban, please delete this thread.

EDIT:

I was there...the info i was looking for was not found there. using the site search feature yielded nothing....so i asked those in the help room if anyone knew of another place to go looking for things. the end result was getting tricked into the ban.

thanx for taking the time to respond

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 21 July 2005 - 02:54 AM.

#7 evanmugford

evanmugford

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:sports,computers, xboxs pretty much anything you can crack or mod
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(A Murder of Crows @ Jul 21 2005, 04:02 AM)
*calms down* okay, a 24 hour ban isn't SO bad...but piracy?  i wanted to know about a place to search for things....didn't once mention piracy....is that a reason to get banned?

oh well....if it is just a 24 hour ban, please delete this thread.

EDIT:

I was there...the info i was looking for was not found there.  using the site search feature yielded nothing....so i asked those in the help room if anyone knew of another place to go looking for things.  the end result was getting tricked into the ban.
thanx for taking the time to respond

View Post

by the sounds of thing ( the fact that you cannot mention what "things" you are looking for ) they more then likly had a good reason to ban you.

#8 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:02 AM

What were you looking for?
There are only two things that I know of that you can't get on that particular place.
XBMC and Evox.
-nB

#9 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(networkBoy @ Jul 21 2005, 12:43 PM)
What were you looking for?
There are only two things that I know of that you can't get on that particular place.
XBMC and Evox.
-nB

View Post

I believe you can get Evo X again now.

#10 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

I'm not so sure....can you ban someone for asking about another place to hunt for things besides "The Usual Place"?? Hell, i wanted an app i read about in the exploit section, nothing pirated to my knowledge at the time.....

Edit: *however,* after i did some more reading here and it seems as if the app that i am looking for may not be available due to author's request/possible piracy issues with 1 or 2 files included in the app....i guess it pays to read a thread all the way through.....

the author of the app claimed he was working on something else that MAY replace what i was looking for.....but last response in that thread from him was over a month ago...

so it sounds like i'm SOL at the moment.

of course, now i'm also uber paranoid about even MENTIONING what i was looking for....i just got my xbox on saturday....i haven't done a thing with it yet, and can't afford to make a mistake around here.

This leads me back to my original question:

If one, for whatever reason, can't go to the "Usual Place", where can they go looking for anything?

At first, i couldn't go to the Usual Place because i did not have the ability to use IRC from here. i found a temporary way around that problem, but now i'm banned from there.... Short of going to someone else's house to do this, the Usual place does not seem to work for me.

anyone have an Alternative Place??

Edited by A Murder of Crows, 21 July 2005 - 03:20 AM.

#11 mynuffinfutsitch

mynuffinfutsitch

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

so talking about getting apps for your xbox from alternate places beside the "usual places" is piracy talk?

man i learn something new everyday at x-s tongue.gif

#12 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:17 AM

You guys gotta understand, asking for certain things probably isnt in the best interest for them. If its something xbox related and they dont host it, theres probably a good reason, and they dont need people in there asking about it.

In the end though, you probably got banned because of some assholes that either didnt feel like explaining why you couldnt ask for what you were asking for or someone just felt like screwing with you.

#13 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:32 AM

Hey WickedJester

Thanx for the reply...

Well, what i was looking for was a Non IRC "Place" to find anything made by Krazie...mainly the 2.8 softmod installer, but i was also looking at another ap he made.

the usual place required me to get on IRC, so i did some search on google for Krazie and XBox....this led me to some forums that i will not mention...but in the end, NONE of the places i checked out/signed up for had anything from Krazie.

i hunted torrent files, and the one place i found the 2.8 SC installer had no seeds

I spent some time researching my IRC problems, and figured out how to fix part of them for the moment...so i went to the Usual Place, found most of what i was looking for, and when i saw i was still missing something, asked the help channel for another place to start looking.

if ANYONE can mention a place the doesn't require IRC, please let me know.

#14 mynuffinfutsitch

mynuffinfutsitch

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

try a p2p service (i mean dont try)

#15 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

I know there are a few places that use IRC (not related to Xbins in any way, so you can still use them) but these are con artists and either try to get money from you or fill your computer so full of viruses its worse off than a 60 year old NYC hooker.

Look, if Xbins doens't have it, scratch that, CAN'T have it, you DO NOT WANT IT. Simply put, period, end of story. If its just a softmod installer your looking for there are alternatives.

It sounds like your headed the route of Halo 2 modding and I'm not accusing, but ifyou are, dont do it and dont mention it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users