15 replies to this topic

#1 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:40 AM

I work the electronics department at Target over here in Raleigh, NC. I had two funny stories happen to me today. One was around 5 o'clock PM when a girl came up to me holding an xbox memory card and saying "Is this a modchip?" No fucking lie. I was like "nope." So she said "Do you know where I can get the modchip?"....well this put me in hot water since i could have referred her to any of the sites I know about, as well as this one. Instead I just said "I think you can only get them online." The second one was around 9:50. A lady walked in and wanted to buy GTA for PS2. I go to scan it in and discover that it's been recalled. The second I saw that screen I knew it had to be because of hot coffee. I actually had a lot of freaky shit happen to me at work today, if you guys want to hear it.

#2 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:51 AM

go ahead and tell them all... the mod chip story must of been a bit weird.

#3 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:23 AM

yeah it was....especially since the girl was like 14...I think maybe she was getting it as a gift for someone. Another freaky thing that happened was when a lady was buying Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Usually if I can tell that someone's over 17 I don't bother carding them for the game and just type in a random date when the system asks me to. Well today I decided to type in a random number and I managed to type in 08141970 (August 14, 1970). I think to myself "It'd be funny if that was her actual birthday....guess I'll never find out". Well, she ended up paying with a check so I had to see her ID. Just for kicks, I decided to check her birthdate. August 14, 1961. I had gotten the random month and random day right. However, I didn't tell her about it cause technically I'm not supposed to do that. Another carried over from Monday. A guy came in looking for the Collectors Edition of Spaceballs. I found the item number and checked our inventory and found out that the item had been discontinued since then end of May. I tell him that it was probably permanently discontinued but in the off chance that it wasn't, we'd probably make it an active item again in a month or so. Well, today I was pulling a batch (basically getting a bunch of stuff from the back room that was needed on the sales floor) and I find two boxes full of the Spaceballs collectors edition. I scan it to see when the location was set, and it turned out that we had received them Monday night and they were going active again tonight. I felt kinda bad for that guy. And the last one (I think, unless I can remember anything else) was when a lady came in to return the latest Harry Potter book (her family had 3 copies because her husband bought one or something) and she wanted to get the paperback version of book 5, which I happened to be carrying as I walked past her.

#4 ghost_psalm777

ghost_psalm777

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Photoshop, reading, movies, tech
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:32 AM

When I used to work at target it would tick me off so much when people would pull stuff from the back but not scan it out.

Also it would be funny when a kid would try to buy a M+ game. Ask where his parent was and they'd say "oh they're waiting in the car". Sure like if I haven't heard that one before.

Anyway was it just GTA San Andreas that was recalled or the other ones too?

#5 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:38 AM

Wasn't Hillary Clinton gonna bitch about San Andreas today???

Bitch works quick

#6 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(ghost_psalm777 @ Jul 21 2005, 04:43 AM)
Anyway was it just GTA San Andreas that was recalled or the other ones too?

View Post

I didn't have a chance to check, since by the time i pulled the floor locations and backroom locations we had already closed (the lady came in at 9:50) so I had other things on my mind (reshop, zoning, you know the drill).

#7 ghost_psalm777

ghost_psalm777

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Photoshop, reading, movies, tech
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Yea don't remind me. I must say I don't miss retail at all.

Yea it was awesome to talk to ppl about games and movies but where I worked ppl were slobs and plus everyone that worked there was lazy.

#8 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(mirx999 @ Jul 21 2005, 03:51 AM)
I work the electronics department at Target over here in Raleigh, NC.  I had two funny stories happen to me today.  One was around 5 o'clock PM when a girl came up to me holding an xbox memory card and saying "Is this a modchip?"

View Post

rotfl.gif beerchug.gif

That's classic. If she was on the path to mod a box or try and surprise her boyfriend, she was about a thousand steps away to finding the answer.

That's about the equivalent to asking an auto-parts clerk as to what spark plugs are needed for a diesel engine ohmy.gif .

Hey, was she hot & legal? If so, you could have woo'ed her off her feet with xbox talk.

#9 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Jul 21 2005, 10:46 AM)
Hey, was she hot & legal? If so, you could have woo'ed her off her feet with xbox talk.

View Post

QUOTE(mirx999 @ Jul 21 2005, 09:34 AM)
yeah it was....especially since the girl was like 14...

View Post

huh.gif

Edited by chilin_dude, 21 July 2005 - 11:14 AM.

#10 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(mirx999 @ Jul 21 2005, 03:16 AM)
(reshop, zoning, you know the drill).

View Post

reshop and zoning suck especially when little kids come in and just mess the whole place up which they usually like to do in the electronics dept.

#11 krustytheclown

krustytheclown

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Jul 21 2005, 04:46 AM)
rotfl.gif  beerchug.gif

That's classic. If she was on the path to mod a box or try and surprise her boyfriend, she was about a thousand steps away to finding the answer.

That's about the equivalent to asking an auto-parts clerk as to what spark plugs are needed for a diesel engine  ohmy.gif .

View Post

Awesome. Wouldn't it be nice if you could impress chicks with talk of ftp'ing and flashing (mod chips)

#12 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(krustytheclown @ Jul 21 2005, 05:11 PM)
Awesome. Wouldn't it be nice if you could impress chicks with talk of ftp'ing and flashing (mod chips)

View Post

That would be a world gone mad. About the only thing my girlfriend would want to talk about when it came to gaming, was how to shut it the f*** off sad.gif . Many, many bitchfests over my black boxes.

One day, I did glimpse the un-heard. I was in a CompUSA checkin out some routers, and there was this couple standing next to me. About early twenties, and the babe was smokin HOT. They were asking one of the employees which was the best wireless router for a gaming network, and she was asking most of the questions blink.gif . Oh, how jealous I became.

#13 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:19 PM

I was actually considering asking her if she wanted to see my TSOP, then I remembered what that stood for....

Thin Small-Outline Package sad.gif ....

No, not really. She was hideous.

Edit: and GTA III + VC are still being sold, as well as the SA strategy guide (though that'll probably change).

Edited by mirx999, 22 July 2005 - 02:20 PM.

#14 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(krustytheclown @ Jul 21 2005, 03:11 PM)

View Post

yeah and you'll also win the $100 million lottery biggrin.gif

#15 Towlies

Towlies

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

Yea, That must have been great when she asked if it was a mod chip. I know you could have got fired for saying this but you should have told her all about where to get a mod chip and how to install. You could teach her how to solder right in Target.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users