sgr215

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:07 AM

I have a bunch of episode DVD's that are backed up on my xbox's hdd. The only thing I feel i'm missing with my xbox is DVD Menu's. Well, I started thinking perhaps it would be possible to hex edit DVDX2 to think for example the F partition is the cdrom. For instance, I notice "\Device\CDRom0" appears a lot. What if one were to change these occurences to "\Device\Harddisk0\partition0" or whatever partition you wanted. Then place Audio_TS and Video_TS in the root of the partition you chose. Think this would be possible? Or perhaps even just the hex edit part?

Yes I know, perhaps I should just wait for XBMC DVD Menu support. I'm just trying to think of temporary fixes for this until XBMC does support it. Some episode DVD's refuse to rip right with DVD Shrink or DVD2SVCD for example cutting off part of the episode. Also playing them without menu's make it almost impossible to find each episode unless i'm missing something. unsure.gif

#2 kollapse

kollapse

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

how would the program distinguish between different movies if you have more than one in the f: drive?

#3 sgr215

sgr215

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

That would an annoying problem but easy to fix. This would be more of a temporary fix until XBMC DVD Menu support came out. In theory, if this worked you would have to move whatever DVD you want to play into F:/Video_TS/ or whatever partition you chose. Of course this is all hypothetical considering I haven't hex edited DVDX2 and it may not even work. My biggest fear is i'll run the hex edited version of DVDX2 and suddenly realize everything is gone from F. tongue.gif

Do we have any guinea pig's out there? muhaha.gif

#4 adamscybot

adamscybot

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:24 PM

Theres nothingt o lose - It's worth a try.

I HIGHLY doubt everything on F would vansish, lol. It would be reading and not writing (or deleting for that matter).

If you could actually do this and maybe even make a tutorial a lot of people would be extremely happy...

Adam

#5 LafferUSA

LafferUSA

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

Or just use Virtual CD\DVD from NKPatcher.

#6 what.me

what.me

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:27 PM

I'm somewhat new to this, but have been messing around with my modded xbox to figure out everything I can do. You mentioned changing the file to recognize the root partition(for this dvdx2 idea). I thought about doing this myself but haven't quite resulted to changing the code for these programs quite yet. So if one of you wants to point me the right direction that would be great. Maybe point me somewhere for correct syntax on some of the operations too. Thanks.

#7 sgr215

sgr215

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE(what.me @ Aug 19 2005, 12:38 AM)
I'm somewhat new to this, but have been messing around with my modded xbox to figure out everything I can do. You mentioned changing the file to recognize the root partition(for this dvdx2 idea). I thought about doing this myself but haven't quite resulted to changing the code for these programs quite yet. So if one of you wants to point me the right direction that would be great. Maybe point me somewhere for correct syntax on some of the operations too. Thanks.

View Post

All of this was in theory. Unfortunaly it didn't work. You'll have to look elsewhere for dvd menu's or perhaps wait for XBMC DVD menu support.

#8 what.me

what.me

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:15 PM

That's cool, I'll wait. I'm still curious though on how to edit code for these programs? If there are forums on this already, just point me toward them. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users