• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Capital Pig

Capital Pig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:04 PM

Hey all, my drive is doing the little clickly thing, so I know it's dead. My brother was generous enough to give me his box since he don't use it.

So what I'm wondering is what can I do with my old box. Is their a way to replace the bios without a memory card or mod chip being installed? I have lan, although my luck sucks and that's problay not an opition. It would be nice to store all my games on the thing. I was also wonder is there a known way to replace the drive with any ol drive.

I was also thinking, is their a way I can pull the box's os off of the drive, if it'll work with the pc, and use it on a partition to play box games on my comp?

I'm pretty new to this and have been reading some stuff, and any sugestions and help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:18 PM

Is your current box modded? Cause you can unlock the drive, replace it, and still use your current xbox.

As for using the current drive in your computer, it needs to be unlocked. But it cant play Xbox games on your computer, just not possible.

#3 Capital Pig

Capital Pig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

Nope, it's not modded. I kept it stock cause it was a first gen and I got geeky over it :-P It was probaly the first gen power plug that killed it too >:| I read about unlocking it, but the stuff I looked at was vague. Would you beable to tell me how I would go about doing that, or lead me to a good source?

Oh yea, this is the first console that I'm gonna modd, are there any things in specific I should know before I monkey with it?

#4 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

Its going to have to be modded to unlock the drive, you can use a softmod or put a mod chip in if you want to keep the box.

If you plan on doing any soldering, pick up an old PCB somewhere, like an old tv, VCR, or something, and practice soldering on that.

#5 Capital Pig

Capital Pig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:24 PM

I think I'm gonna soft mod it. But I'm not clear on a few things.

If go the route with useing a memory card useing the save exploit do I still need a modded box, is it as good as a chipped box, and do I need a special mem card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users