8 replies to this topic

#1 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

I've got a v 1.0 Xbox hereand it boots twice then goes to flashing red and orange. There is no audio or video; however my TV speakers do 'pop' when I turn it on (they do it for my semi-working 'box too). I tried the one Red/Orange tutorial here, even though both traces appear to be undammaged, which didn't work.

This is an apparently never opened 'Box.

I am pretty sure it is the "video error" choice of the many causes listed out there. I have tryed swapping out the HD, DVD-Rom, and PSU with the working ones from my old 'Box - all of which had no affect. Though it could be something I have yet to find out about.

The orginal plan was to get a 'Box that either worked just fine or had some simple problem (ie HD, DVD-Rom, PSU, BIOS) that I could easily fix. Then flash the TSOP and put in my old DVD-Rom (Samsung) and HD (120 GB replacement) and maybe the PSU if the orginal problem was PSU related. Basically I'd get a new motherboard, daughterboard, and case - all of which I need.

However, this box is appatently not a simple fix. They guy I bought it from (eBay) gave all the information (error code and light pattern) that pointed to a dead HD. Unfortunatly he lied to me and won't take it back (it did say in the auction "no returns, as is"). I'm not too pissed about it because I still think I might be able to fix it and I still got a new case, extra controller, extra DVD playback kit, and sx games.

Back to my issue: It goes on - green light & HD beeps, then imediatly off, on - green light & HD beeps, off then on - red and orange flashing light & HD sounds normal. The speakers will do the 'pop' and I get a small white splirt center screen when I plug in the cables with it running. When I take the cables out while it's running it then switches to yeallow and green flashing (which I've deducted as normal). I have swapped out every part I could without destroying my old board - no effect. I have even tried putting in my Matrix chip to no avail.

Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated. TIA

#2 Pikkon

Pikkon

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:女の子-音楽-ゲーム
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:51 AM

Well I had the same problem as you on a V.10
It took me about 3 times to get it working using
the Red/Orange tutorial.The screen would pop also.
I used some bigger wires to solder the points.

#3 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(Pikkon @ Jul 21 2005, 05:02 PM)
Well I had the same problem as you on a V.10
It took me about 3 times to get it working using
the Red/Orange tutorial.The screen would pop also.
I used some bigger wires to solder the points.

View Post

I was just thinking that maybe I didn't have a good solid connection one the "D0" point. I just have a hard time getting the solder to stick well. I'll be redoing it. Please keep the help flowing.

#4 Stealth51

Stealth51

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:20 AM

I have had this same problem twice. One time it was the dip switches on my X3. The other time it was the D0. That is the hardest wire to solder in.

#5 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:55 AM

I redid the solder job and now I get red and green flashing and still get no picture and no sound with the 'pop'.

??

#6 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:06 AM

I just thought of something: Would it matter that I already bridged the two sets of points for the TSOP flash?

#7 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:11 AM

No, it shouldn't matter.

#8 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

Still no change.

#9 mugsy3117

mugsy3117

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:43 AM

I have the same exact problem with my v1.0 xbox. I tried to pot tweak my Thomson Dvd Drive, then when I tested it the "two green boots, then flashing red and orange" happened. It has been this way ever since. The only time I ever modded it was when I put a matrix chip in it, and I do not notice any broken traces. Any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users