2 replies to this topic

#1 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:58 PM

So yeah im a total newbie when it comes to this, i have my system soft modded. (I dont even know if its possible to do this without a hardmod).

But i have a 200 gig Western Digital (WD2000) Hard drive, and i really wanna replace the already hard drive thats in the xbox. my reader is going bad on my dvd drive and a lot of games it says it cant read disk or its dirty after i just compiled them. Gets really annoyhing. And i can only fit like 1 good game or so on my box at a time. So

1. Is it possible to replace the hard drive without scrweing my stuff up and it being a soft mod.

2. Is the HD i have even compatable if so.

3. How do i do it?

#2 Acidic__thought

Acidic__thought

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

XboxHDM is your best bet. It's reletively(sp?) easy and works like a charm. Also, I'm quite sure that the HD would work. Try XboxHDM, and GL. You can get it at "the usual places".

Edited by Acidic__thought, 21 July 2005 - 11:05 PM.

#3 radxrico

radxrico

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:15 PM

Ok. so i did a search and found out this:

http://xboxdrives.x-...=drive&did=2064

i dont know my xbox version, but well check the link.

So i skimmed how to open my xbox, i know how to change a HDD in a PC..

So my question is...

what do i do to the HD before i install it in my xbox? Do i need to format it and load certain data? Please help i really dont wanna screw up my box.. as i said my disk reader is already going out, and i learned to put a game on the HD and i like it SO much better than using disks lol.

Edit: also mine is soft modded.. does that matteR? i can re soft mod it no problem.

Edited by radxrico, 03 August 2005 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users