X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:05 AM

Note: This tutorial was made by Textbook with help from Horscht and others. This can be very risky, as I myself literally broke my xbox about 8 times before I got this to work. Hopefully, I will be saving many people some time and frustration.

First off, I think everybody who is reading this tutorial should start off at the same point. Therefore, I recommend everybody uses Krayzie's UXE Installer 2.8. You WILL need an exploitable game to follow this tutorial. The first thing that needs to be done is make sure everybody gets a fresh, new, clean UXE install. Grab your exploitable game and get Krayzie's UXE Installer from the usual places. If your softmod is already installed, I highly recommend removing it and doing it over again using Krayzie's. I will not go too in-depth over installing Krayzie's UXE because it is very easy. Once you have it installed, you should be able to boot up and go to your dashboard of choice. If you can't get to the dashboard, then you are already lost, and must redo the softmod to get it working. Once you have the softmod working, hit eject and pop in your exploitable game. This is necessary because if you loaded your softmod, you would be loading NKPatcher, which would not show you all the "true" files on your C drive. You need these files, so when you boot the exploitable game, you are not loading NKPatcher and can then see all of those "true" files.

After your exploitable game has loaded, run your exploit and go to the UnleashX dash. You will usually be given the options of Switching the Softmod on or off, Removing the softmod, Extras, or Dashboard Settings.

user posted image

Now, keep your xbox at this screen and set the controller down. All you need to do now is FTP into your xbox while it is sitting at this screen. Then go into the C: root. Transfer the Cbackup folder to your computer's desktop. It may take a while, but you should wait for it to finish. Open up your Cbackup folder that is on your computer's desktop and compare it with the following images.

This is what you may see if you FTP'ed Incorrectly:

user posted image

This is what you will see if you FTP'ed Correctly:

user posted image

After making sure that your Cbackup folder is correct, please continue on by CAREFULLY following the next steps in order.

1. On your computer's desktop, find the file Cbackup/xboxdash.xbe
2. Right click on this file and rename it to xboxdash.bak
3. On your computer's desktop, find the folder Cbackup/fonts
4. Right click on this folder and rename it to f0nts (notice the zero)
5. Open Flash FXP
6. Transfer the xboxdash.bak you just made (Desktop/Cbackup/xboxdash.bak) to the root of the C: drive.
7. Transfer the f0nts folder you just made (Desktop/Cbackup/f0nts) to the root of the C: drive.
8. On your Xbox, delete the file xbox.xtf from the root of the C: drive.
9. On your Xbox, delete the file xbox book.xtf from the root of the C: drive.

When you are all done, this is what your Xbox's C: drive should look like.

user posted image

Now, you can close Flash FXP. Hit the power button on your xbox, and then hit eject after it has been powered off. Take out your exploitable game and make sure your xbox and your softmod are both still working. Now, you will have to find the file Krayzie_EEE_Installer_v1.0.rar. This is not in the usual places, and never will be. You will have to search for a long time to find this file. Please do not request links to files on here, or you will be banned. There are many "bad" versions of Krayzie's EEE installer floating around on the internet. Many of these "bad" downloads contain all the correct information but an incorrect config.xml file. If you do manage to find Krayzie_EEE_Installer_v1.0.rar, extract it with winRAR and then go to the following directory.

Krayzie_EEE_installer_v1.0\EEEinstaller\install

Right click on the config.xml file and open it with wordpad. Highlight the ENTIRE text and delete it to have a blank document. From there, you will be copying a tried-and-true correct config.xml file. Go to THIS FORUM TOPIC. Scroll down until you see a little post # 55 on the right side of your screen. This is a post by Horscht and includes the full xml in a box. Start at the very beginning and go to the very end to highlight all of the code. Right click on this and hit copy. Go back to the blank config.xml and hit paste. Then, hit File, Save.
You should now have a "good" copy of Krayzie's EEE installer.

Now, open up Flash FXP and connect to your xbox again. It doesn't matter if you are running your softmod or are running the gamesave exploit. Transfer the folder EEEinstaller to E:/Apps. It must be placed here, as it will not work anywhere else. Also, you must make sure there are no Splinter Cell saves on your Xbox. If Splinter Cell is the only way of rescuing your Xbox, reboot your Xbox and go to the xbox dashboard. Use the memory manager to copy the Splinter Cell save and a Linux Installer save to your memory card. Then, FTP into your xbox and delete the following folders:

1. E:/UDATA/21585554
2. E:/UDATA/5553000c

Once those are deleted, and you have done all the previous steps, and you put the EEEinstaller in E:/Apps, you are ready to actually use what you want.

1. Reboot your xbox
2. Go to Applications and select EEE Installer / Uninstaller
3. Go down one and select Install SCEEE.

user posted image

4. Now you must figure out if your Xbox's region. You can go to THE XBOX-SCENE VERSIONS PAGE and enter the serial # of your xbox to see where it was made. Basically, if you bought it in the U.S.A. , it is NTSC. If you bought it in Europe, it's PAL. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

user posted image

5. It will then ask you if you read the readme. Just hit yes.

user posted image

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:09 AM

6. Blue loading bars will work their magic, and your xbox will automatically reboot to your dashboard.
7. Go down to Applications and you will notice that a new app has been added named EEE Switcher.

user posted image

8. Select this and it will take you to this screen.

user posted image

9. Select Deactivate Exploit and hit yes.
10. The Xbox will reboot and you will be taken to the MS Dash.

user posted image

Now, you will have to learn how to activate the exploit from within the MS Dash. From the xbox's "Start" menu, go to Music. If you have a soundtrack already saved to the hard drive, good. If you don't, you will have to have a retail cd and save one track to a new soundtrack, name the soundtrack anything. Whatever you have, you should at least have a soundtrack with at least one song. Go back to the Xbox's "Start" menu and do the following:

1. Go to Music
2. Go down to one of your soundracks and select it.
3. Hit copy.
4. Hit copy.
5. Select New Soundtrack.
6. Type in <<Eggsox>> (the is actually "beta" that looks like a B and is found in Accents)
7. Look at the picture below to make sure it looks exactly the same as that.

user posted image

8. Hit done.
9. This should then take you to the Splinter Cell screen.

user posted image

10. Go to Start Game, Linux, Checkpoints.
11. Then choose activate exploit and hit yes.
12. The xbox will reboot and you will be taken to your dashboard.

Well, that's about it, I hope this is a lot easier for you than it was for me. I would like to personally thank Krayzie, MaikarChaos, Triggernum5, ipodder2003, Horscht, and JCollinsOO5 for all of their help. If you need any more help, PM me or catch me on AIM. My screenname is Textbk05.

#3 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:15 AM

Looks very good beerchug.gif

but dont be afraid to thumbnail images, to make it easier to read.

Edited by DaddyJ, 22 July 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#4 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

for some reason I can only see my pictures in there uhh.gif huh.gif

#5 pakrat

pakrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(Horscht @ Jul 22 2005, 07:31 AM)
for some reason I can only see my pictures in there  uhh.gif  huh.gif

View Post

GET Access denied usage limit
The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.

When clicking on properties for where you stored the images...

huh.gif

#6 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:27 PM

Hmmm, that's odd. Maybe it would just be better to save the web page onto your computer, and then the pictures would show up. I'm really not sure. Sorry.

#7 ephesith

ephesith

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

alrighty. I finally managed to snag me a copy of this EEE program. - thats the good news. Here is the bad/uncomfortable news. I followed this tutorial to a "T" double/tripple checked all the processes and it worked.....well almost.

I have the EEE program installed and the EEE switcher installed and I an uninstall the softmod fine with this program. The problem is turning it back on. The EggsBox isn't working (Yes I spelt it right with the beta and the carrot symbols in the actual dashboard). I made a copy of a soundtrack and named it eggsbox etc... tried it over and over and over again and when I rename the song, it just plays the song i copied with a new title of "Eggsbox." So I am stumped. I tried this on two different xboxes, and I copied the Config file from the post you suggested. .....any suggestions? perhaps the prog I downloaded is missing something else?

anyway in short: Got the app installed and it installed fine. I can turn the softmod off, but just cant switch it back on via Eggsbox.

thanks for your time.

#8 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:26 PM

you're suppused to type <<Eggsox>> just as I typed it. You have to type the "<" and ">" symbols too. And the E has to be a capital letter.

#9 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

You're probably typing it in right, but you're probably doing it in the wrong place.

1. Go to Music
2. Go down to one of your soundracks and select it.
3. Hit copy.
4. Hit copy.
5. Select New Soundtrack.
6. Type in <<Eggsox>> (the is actually "beta" that looks like a B and is found in Accents)
7. Look at the picture below to make sure it looks exactly the same as that.

Remember, you are supposed to actually copy the track to a new soundtrack and that is where you type in <<Eggsox>>

Just try it again, it should work. I have had no problems with this nor has anybody else.

#10 ephesith

ephesith

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:57 AM

As said previous I typed the EggsBox correctly with the carrots and the beta symbol in the right place. And again, as I said previously I followed the tutorial to the "T" SEVERAL times. I liked the tutorial, it was easy to follow/read, and believe me I followed the "eggsbox" instructions perfectly. When it didn't work the first time I re-read your tutorial and tried it again. When it didn't work the second time I re-read the tutorial and did it again. I did this about 6 times on two xboxes before I gave up. I am of the belief something is missing in my downloaded package, some sort of trigger is messed up or something. I don't know the behind the scenes technicalites of this set up so I am not aware of what could possibly be missing. If any of you have a clue please help. Esp. Krayzie. I will try the EggsBox thing again tonight - probably several times and I believe I will get the same non working result.

#11 Trumpetrhapsody

Trumpetrhapsody

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Jul 22 2005, 05:47 PM)
Just try it again, it should work. I have had no problems with this nor has anybody else.

View Post

Actually I'm having the same problem. I'm doing everything right, followed the tut to "the T" lol, but it just makes a soundtrack called <<EggsBox>> (with the weird B symbol ). Any ideas why?

Edited by Trumpetrhapsody, 24 July 2005 - 04:30 AM.

#12 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:15 AM

Even if it doesn't work, it should play a little movie with the credits of the xbox team. This is how the EEE is performed in the first place. If you are doing it correctly, there are only two things that could happen.

1. You get white loading bars and then Splinter Cell screen. (It works)

2. You get a little movie that displays some xbox credits. (Wasn't installed correctly)

If you are doing everything correctly, then you would have to at least get result number 2. This happens even on retail xboxes, so if you don't get that, then you can't be doing it correctly. Get on AIM, my sn is Textbk05, maybe it would be easier to help you out there. I made a video of what I do to make it work.

#13 ephesith

ephesith

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:14 AM

alrighty, I'll instant message you when I get back from my honeymoon - in about two weeks.

#14 Trumpetrhapsody

Trumpetrhapsody

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:04 PM

Got it working. Great installer once you do it right!

#15 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

bitchin' tutorial man biggrin.gif

10x better than the last. now we don't have to scroll up and down to read the steps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users