Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:13 PM

I'm "assuming" these are 360 pics because they look a hell of a lot better than the xbox ones weve seen thus far. Im praying this game gets done right and is as good as the first 2.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#2 Much

Much

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

Good pics but that kinda looks like a etchy pics maybe xbox pics not 360.... Cuase 360 said to be better graphics. halo 2 had better graphics then those.

#3 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

Maybe the PC version?

Looks good enough to me.
I was a big fan of the first two games.

I really hope they nail it this time.
If they don't then my life mission to bone Angelina Jolie will come to a screatching hault!

#4 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

Those pics were used with an article about the game on Xbox, not 360. Textures aren't detailed enough for 360.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:23 PM

the whole thing about textures and what not is confusing me with this game. I just dont see this game using any of the 360's power. I have a feeling it will be rushed and wont look a LOT better than the xbox, and these were the first Clean pics ive seen of it, so I assumed it might have been 360 sad.gif

I hope Im wrong. If the xbox version looks that good, Im impressed. WE need to see some definitive 360 shots.

#6 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

Ah Tomb Raider... screw you! I'll stick with the prophet in Halo 2... oh! those wrinkles! biggrin.gif

#7 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

looks alright not that great for renders........i always thought tomb raider was boring im sure this one will be no different beerchug.gif

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:49 AM

have you Honestly ever played parts 1 and 2, even 3 was semi decent.

I hope youre not basing your comment on the last 3 that have been made.

I havent touched one since that POS that was on Dreamcast, friends have tried the others since, and have said they all sucked compared to the first ones.

#9 BurnerAzR

BurnerAzR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

Man all i hope is that they capture the feel of the first and second one on this new Tomb raider. Every tomb raider sequel after part 2 was weak in my opinion (3 was so so).

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(BurnerAzR @ Jul 23 2005, 02:18 AM)
Man all i hope is that they capture the feel of the first and second one on this new Tomb raider. Every tomb raider sequel after part 2 was weak in my opinion (3 was so so).

View Post

beerchug.gif

#11 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

Yes I remember the last 3 games of Tomb Raider... They sucked, I loved Tomb Raider... The first one and the second one, but right now, mesa all for the prophet of Halo 2... love.gif those wrinkles...!!

(P.S. No, I'm not gay, yes I'm pretending, yes I USED to love Tomb Raider)

Has anyone read EGM? the one with the gay cover? there was the 3 consoles showed on the cover with the yellow background? Black would be much better, thank you...

So yeah, so EGM got their hands on some playable demos, and rated them from: Awesome, Good, So-So, and Terrible, Tomb Raider was rated Awesome, and it says that the game goes back to is orginal roots, with the moves from the early tomb raiders that was erased from the later ones that were good for the series? and they put it in the new tomb raider game...? like restoring the series I guess, restoring what was true to Tomb Raider I suppose.

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

I hope this is all true, I really really do. Its ashame that a lot of people never played the good ones and base the series on the past few.

1996 was a good year beerchug.gif

#13 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:55 PM

Hmm... I would be aleast 6 years old.... lol... no I didn't play the tomb raider series until I was 12 biggrin.gif I played the latest Tomb Raider game and I'm like what the fuck is this shit? So I decided to get the first tomb raider.. and I'm like... Nice.... although graphics... but that doesn't matter...

Yes I tried out Tomb raider in 2002.... Its very strange isn't it?

Edited by Andy51, 23 July 2005 - 04:56 PM.

#14 SickJoda

SickJoda

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:THE PIT SKIN<br />ModInside Jewel (blue LED)<br />Xecuter 2<br />80 HDD<br />Pink eject botton<br />Blue/ Pink Ports
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Much @ Jul 22 2005, 03:28 PM)
Good pics but that kinda looks like a etchy pics maybe xbox pics not 360.... Cuase 360 said to be better graphics. halo 2 had better graphics then those.

View Post

halo2 was also the most ground breaking, best game, in all of video game history. they needed to to look nice and shiny.

#15 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Andy51 @ Jul 23 2005, 02:06 PM)
Hmm... I would be aleast 6 years old.... lol... no I didn't play the tomb raider series until I was 12  biggrin.gif  I played the latest Tomb Raider game and I'm like what the fuck is this shit? So I decided to get the first tomb raider.. and I'm like... Nice.... although graphics... but that doesn't matter...

Yes I tried out Tomb raider in 2002.... Its very strange isn't it?

View Post

not strange, that seems to be the trend I see and it saddens me.

Wether people like it or not, Tomb Raider changed gaming in November of '96. Lara became an icon in her own right and the whole thing gave gaming a boost and helped to make it more mainstream. Relatives that didnt like or know anything about gaming would ask me ... "so whats all the fuss about this tomb raider? if you have it can i come over and see it?

November 14th, 1996 I believe. I was ummm...22 years old. Young bastards here making me feel ancient!! mad.gif

tongue.gif

The 2 Novembers after that were good too. Then that pile of shit was released for Dreamcast and I wanted to cry sad.gif

I tried the one after that on PC and sad.gif even more grr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users