• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Prodigy3682

Prodigy3682

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 02:01 AM

I just got my XBOX and I believe it's version 1.1. First of all, the manufacturing date was before December 2002, but the system info had 4x=4817, 4972, so I believe it's 1.1. I haven't opened the console yet...so I do not know if it has the fan as well. My question is basically about media. I have a HI-VAL DVD+R/RW and i been burning so many things flawlessly with nero. I've noticed that dvds burned with nero do no play on the xbox, but media burned with Recordnow Max plays on the xbox on memorex DVD+r. I'm about to purchase more DVD+R's right now and wanted to know about RITEK DVD+R. I've read the forums and everyone states it works, but for DVD-R. Does media brand really matter with the xbox, and since I believe I have version 1.1, I guess it's with the new Philipps drive. I really think it's with the program that burns the DVD+R. For example, nero doesn't work for me, but recordmax and cyberlink power director works as well. Please let me know what you think of my situation purchasing RITEK DVD+R.

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:15 AM

Yes, some users here are using Ritek DVD+R and it is supposed to be just about as reliable as the DVD-R media. B0ink seems to love them and always recommends them to +R users. You out there B0ink?

#3 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:18 PM

I've actually only burned through 1 spindle of 50 2X DVD+R Ritek. I bought them about 6 months ago. Never had a coaster and have never had one go bad.... Personally I now wait for really good sales on name brand DVD+R media... Mostly Fuji or Verbaitum... and then buy a $hitload. A local mom and pop pc store here had 50 count spindles of Verbaitum for $55 recently. I picked up 300 at that price.

No name DVD+R that I have used and like:
Ritek (Cheep but seem to be good quality)
Samsung/BeAll - Good quality... a bit more expensive
KHypermedia - you can get at office max... I don't remember the manufacturer code but these are identicle to a name brand. Wish I could remember which one.

Name brand media that I like are Fuji, Verbaitum, Memorex.

Another note... Use Advdinfo on all blanks you buy. You can often find a no name brand that is made by the same company as the named brand. Most companies do not produce their own blanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users