4 replies to this topic

#1 HMaster92

HMaster92

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:58 AM

well I tried to do the dual hard drive mod with the slim stock dirve under the dvd but ths messed up my mod chip then I thought maybe there is enought room under the stock hard drive cradle and yes i know I would need o insullated the drive (plan on using plexi glass if there is enough room)

#2 SonyMobile

SonyMobile

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:35 AM

I've never done any sort of HD moding, but..I would think the CPU's Heatsink would cause a proplem?

#3 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 July 2005 - 04:49 AM

if u just want dual hdd u should do a search i think hozy has a tut and some pics. you would have to shave some of the dvd cradle and put the hdd side by side long ways left to right. now if u just want to put one under the stock hdd i dunno...since u already want dual hdd i am sure u would know u need a new ide cable and y-molex powersplitter.

#4 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:45 AM

if one of the drives is the slim seagate, there is enough room to stack the drives on top of each other if you remove the HDD cradle, the shielding on the top lid, and grind some of the ribs on the top lid.

Then you just need some thin lexan (like from packaging) to insulate the drives from each other, and from the PSU.

this only works if one (or both) of the drives are the slim seagate, but it gives you the advantage of not having to mod your dvd drive, and all the cables and stuff fit with plenty of room (no modding molex connectors to almost nothing)

#5 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

ok, first question: whats screwed up with your chip? teh hdd will fit under teh dvd, its just a case of amkign brackets up so it doesnt touch anything like the mobo, a chip, or the heatsink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users