5 replies to this topic

#1 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 04:47 AM

wink.gif To all newbies or/and menbers with ?'s... Sandman just released a Tutorial to guide u thru after installing your Mod... Read it... It should guide you thru most of your ?'s before you need to post them.... K

It explains :
-how to setup the Evolution-X dashboard
-how to install a new bigger harddrive
-how to use XboxCopy & boXplorer (so you don't need your PC anymore to admin your Xbox).

Found Here: Sandman's: Life With XBOX After You Installed a Modchip

Use this as your bases for after u mod your Xbox... This should help eliminate the replica ?'s... Also do a search for your ?'s too.... tongue.gif

Props to Sandman for taking the time and sharing his info.... And Props to all... Helping the XBOX SCENE and XBox-Scene be the best all over!!!! wub.gif

#2 cwho

cwho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 07:33 AM

Can someone tell me why the guide said that we need to put a temp. DVD drive to load the Evolution Dash Board? Why we have to put a original xbox game in a disconnect xbox dvd driver?

Thanks

#3 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:28 PM

Can someone tell me why the guide said that we need to put a temp. DVD drive to load the Evolution Dash Board? Why we have to put a original xbox game in a disconnect xbox dvd driver?

cool.gif That is just the way the SandMan did it.... Probably to get his media to work on his XBox DVD... But there is a easear way.... If u have a DVD-Burner or If u'r CD-RW Media works on your XBox DVD drive... Then u will not need to swap your XBox DVD drive. If your Media works on your original DVD drive... Skipt to the end of Step 5 in section I.

Leaving the original Xbox Game in a disconnected Xbox DVD driver... It is probably not necessary... Remenber this is the first version of his tutorial... This is just the way he did things.... He will probably add easear optional ways of getting the job done... Soon... With the help of those that have done it the easear way.... U do need to swap drives if you can't get your CD-RW's to work on the Xbox... People with DVD burners shouldn't have a problem(If u do... Change Media Brand or change to DVD-RW)... I would suggest for people to send detail info of the way u did things so SandMan can add it to his tutorial... This is a great base for a SUPER TUTORIAL tongue.gif

#4 thearthurclone

thearthurclone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:28 PM

great tutorial, but i have a ?

it reads as if you can replace the hdd as long as you have any mod chip installed. is this correct? i was under the impression that the onboard bios had to be flashed to accept a new hdd.

i currently have the enigmah final installed and would like to replace the hard drive without flashing the bios.

is this possible?

#5 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:37 PM

sad.gif I am sorry to say that in your case u will need to flash your onboard bios or get another mod.... The reason is that u can only swap your HD if u'r mod or retail chip boots on EvoX 2.3 or other Evox Bios clone(Like Evox 2.2, 2.1 or Complex bios) or X-ecuter Bios... So it will not work with your enigmah final.... cool.gif

I would recomend a PC-Bioxx so u won't end up having this type of problems... in the future!!!! tongue.gif

P.S. If u can boot from the Xbox with what ever media u use then u don't need to swap your Xbox DVD drive at all!!!!!!

#6 gwetmore2345

gwetmore2345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2002 - 04:37 AM

[QUOTE]4) Replacing the XBOX hardrive: With the PC DVD drive still attached, remove the original XBOX hard drive by unscrewing the two screws in the black plastic tray that holds it to the XBOX shell, once these have been removed, you will see two screws on each side of the black plastic tray, remove these as well. After that has been done, place the new hard drive in the tray and replace the four screws we just took out and put the tray back in the XBOX. Plug the data cable from the original XBOX hard drive into the new hard drive. Take the standard Y power connectorthat was used in the original hard drive and plug it into the new hard drive. We are now ready to plug the XBOX in and boot it up.[QUOTE]

I'm confused a little on this part...I understand how to "prep" the drive and all but I can't get a visual on what to do with the Y connector and the original HD, and the new HD and the ribbon cable..Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users