Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

Guys, please stop arguing. sad.gif

#18 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Interests:GTA Series Modding, Specificly GTA: San Andreas.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

Yes, i think we've solved the problem and now we are all happy happy friends. smile.gif We all talked and solved our disfunctional family problems laugh.gif

#19 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:02 AM

I nominate darkblizzard

1.He already is an admin at a sucsessful GTA MODDING SITE

2.He has alot of experience with modding ALL gta files

3.He doesnt flame people and he doesnt act out-of-line

Thats why I think darkblizzard should be a a moderator for this sub-forum

Edited by Infinite_Matrix, 27 July 2005 - 10:03 AM.

#20 blagmaster

blagmaster

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

Reason why i do not like to see Darkblizzard as a mod: Saying a mod sucks and later distributing it in a combined mod without giving credit.

Zdemon did a good job, he knows alot about xbox modding, he helped me personally and has technical knowledge about gta modding. and it was unfair to de-mod him just cause some Grifter66 guy wanted to start an argument with him.

ReRuss is also mod-material cause everything he said in that post above is true, and he really is a good gta modder, check out StU to see what i'm talking about.

My vote goes to both Zdemon & ReRuss, it would make a good mod combination.

Edited by blagmaster, 27 July 2005 - 10:28 AM.

#21 mcnabb06

mcnabb06

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

i would like to take back my previous statement and formally apoplogize to DarkBlizzard. MY statements were out of line and i believe it took away from what this is really about which is the new moderator here. My first pick was ZDemon for another term and my second should he not make a second return would have to be Reruss. Sorry to DarkBlizzard. So.... when will this be announced

#22 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Jul 25 2005, 03:45 AM)
Accounts that are started after JUNE 2005 need not post in this thread.

View Post

1) How hard is the above to understand?

2) You need to bear in mind that good judgement and calm reasoning make a good moderator, as they enforce policy.

I think most all of my likely suggestions are not frequent visitors to this forum, and that's not a big issue.

Why? Because they have shown time and again working knowledge of XS policy despite working knowledge of actual hacking.

I've never hacked an Xbox game, but I can spot a non-legit download link and know how to act on it, or who to speak to if I'm not sure. Good hacker does not equal good moderator.

#23 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

Having said that, I nominate darth_turtur.

Why? Because he's doing good in the forums he has, and fields policy issues well. Case in point: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=425566

Just one example of how to enforce policy well. He also is not argumentative and works well with the members and staff.

#24 th3rdeye420

th3rdeye420

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

xombe has a point although I personally disagree. A lot of the sub forums like this one are plagued with worthless questions that are really ones that need to be addressed in a pin. I think a mod with knowledge on hacking could only help this aspect. Some of the pins that zdemons had in the gta hacking forum were very informative and from my perspective cleaned the forum a little bit by pointing people to information. I understand that no one nominated except for ReRuss might be qualified becuase darkblizzard, zdemon, grifter are all members who let there personal beliefs or views interfere with good descision making. Darth does a good job as moderator no question but I think a lot of people on the scene want answers to faq and if you appointed someone who is a mod for a site just dedicated to this (gta) then of course they would be a big asset. I know that I dont want to join some other forum just to get info for games I like. A admin or mod form a gta site could bring those things here and make it better here. Thats my only concern I want it to be better here. Plus most of these forums have only a handful of people who are active regularly and its a mods job to monitor a forum and for him to monitor and answer questions its like getting two birds with one RoCK! I want worthwhile info. Not some member with a dream asking "can I do yada yada" I want to see "Car mod and hacking tut" "make cj white tut" "add new island tut" "how to change or modify the main.scm tut" Quit the bullshit guys and get me some content that will make my game better than it is now. Do the things that the developers forgot or didnt understand Like the GOD DAMN drive by. When are we going to get the hack for button placement? The mod is step one and its the most important step to get these xs members informed. We pay good money for these games and we want to see what can be done.

#25 ReRuss

ReRuss

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

There's no need to argue , but I really think experience should be part of the reason you nominate somebody , it's not really ho wmany files you modded , it's just more of the understanding of them and what level you're on with that

I know I havn't been the most active here but other places I've mod for I've usually been more active in and tried my best to contribute so the site would have a better image

Just find somebody who isn't gonna argue and get mad with people over a game

#26 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Ya i dont wanna argue either smile.gif

Although i'd like to say something about this cuz you said something somewhat negative about me...
I think a lot of people on the scene want answers to faq and if you appointed someone who is a mod for a site just dedicated to this (gta) then of course they would be a big asset.

ReRuss is the 2nd top poster on my site and you nominated him dry.gif

#27 themewin

themewin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

Last time I checked, having large amounts of posts doesn't mean you should be a mod....hahaha...ok I'm done. tongue.gif

#28 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:48 PM

no no no... i said that because a person said i wasnt deciated to this forum so picked reruss but i was pointing out he has more posts on my forum then here...thats all..

#29 ReRuss

ReRuss

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:44 AM

This post is for anybody considering a mod on the forum , and anybody who supports those who could be mods on this forum

Darkblizzard seems like a nice guy right? Well he did and joined his site and start some xbox based mods for GTA to help get the site goin , as time went on it seemed as dark was not as he seemed to be , he seemed paranoid of anything going on in any other chanels , he seem to push his views on others , constantly in an argument over somthing small and imo stupid , and never supporting any fellow modders UNLESS it was to HIS benefit. While I was getting my early version of StU out there he done a combo mod which was a good idea but I asked him why he never credited any of the original modders in which he got the source from and he seemed to disagree with me about giving anybody else credit for anything in the mod , one of the inlcuded mods in his mod was StU 0.1 which he claims that it's impossible to prove that he stole the source and that I should shut up , well I never really have gotten real mad over insults but it seemed the entire time I was doing my mod he doubted that anything I mentioned could be done , and yet it seemed like he got mad when I done it and he ended up wrong , dark does not like to be wrong , in fact he would insult anybody who said otherwise.

Now in IRC we all know that it's nobody else's business what is going on in other channels , unfortunately if there was more than 1 person that used GXM IRC on another channel that this was BAD and dark had to be there or else , well a friend had his own channel for a while before GXM was around , so I figure I'd join it and hang with him and any of his buds that came in , all was good but not good for dark , so when dark was opped in that channel it was officially HIS and would ban anybody who said otherwise from his channels and his site , now over a while I eventually met the admin of a Console craze whom I've not know long and he was redoing his site and I simply offered that if he was too busy I could help if he needed , he offered me to be admin with ModCrazy , a subsection of ConsoleCrazy dedicated to game modification on all systems , now during this time he agreed to go ahead and have an IRC channel for ModCrazy in case anybody needed help , knowing that there were certain trouble makers from GXM and such I went ahead and pre-banned some people so there wouldn't be any problems and no hassle on CC's admin , unfortunately dark had a problem with this , it seemed a lot of GXM and some others were chatting there and he was one of the few I would not let in due to the fact he was know to have a temper , after dragging CC's admin into this I got him unbanned and explain to everyone that any trouble and you would be asked to leave or banned , once dark was unbanned he claimed that myself and other members would be banned after going thru teh trouble of unbanning him , and he responded as so , this is undeited and witnessed quote

<DarkBlizzard> well whatever dont release any more STU shit on my shit ReRuss and you guys cant just stay over there in modcraze and release crap there

I didn't wanna point out anybody and say anything bad , but I beleive people here at X-S should know who they nominate as a moderator here , I do not know what his plans were but he seemed to say that if he nor zdemon were mods here they would be "f*cked"

No I do not post this to try getting a mod position here at X-S , this site is too good to have anything drama releated dragged along with a new mod , all I ask is that you all reconsider who you want for mod , please for the good of all GTA modders who come to X-S for help , rethink you're nominations

I just wanna say thanx for X-S even being around , and to say you guys are the absolute best imo and just don't want to see a good thing go sour

Happy Modding

#30 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:56 AM

Ya uh, to make a long story short ReRuss is banned from my website and will not be releasing his STU mod updates on it anymore although the current version will stay since it's already out. This is all due to respect issues on our GXM IRC Channel. smile.gif

Very nice, and very very long, post, but i look forward to seeing the decision, as i know everyone does. smile.gif

pop.gif

EDIT: Here is some more of the convo, and sorry for the little square box things, cuz they are supposed to be colors but they obviously wont show here..

[12:20am] <13@DarkBlizzard> well whatever dont release any more STU shit on my shit ReRuss and you guys cant just stay over there in modcraze and release crap there
[12:20am] <13@DarkBlizzard> site*
[12:21am] <14mcnabb06> u just lost alot of good modders good luck with u ,z and ghost
[12:21am] <06+ReRuss> grow up before somebody forces it in your face
[12:21am] <13@DarkBlizzard> alot of good modders?
[12:21am] <13@DarkBlizzard> all im losing is u 2
[12:21am] <14mcnabb06> yea and with russ will go alot of people
[12:22am] <13@DarkBlizzard> ok then they can leave
[12:22am] <14mcnabb06> go release ur copied mod bullshit
[12:22am] <13@DarkBlizzard> ok
[12:22am] <14mcnabb06> and fuck off island
[12:22am] <13@DarkBlizzard> no one is going to leave because i banned reruss
[12:22am] <14mcnabb06> ok
[12:23am] <14mcnabb06> thats what u think whos gonna stay
[12:23am] <06+ReRuss> his loss mcnabb , let em be
[12:23am] <14mcnabb06> besdies u and ur newbs
[12:23am] ReRuss «ReRuss@ip68-97-249-161.ok.ok.cox.net» has Quit iRC (I was born with a stiff upper lip11)
[12:23am] <14mcnabb06> true why do i try
[12:23am] mcnabb06 (mcnabb06@dialup-4.252.254.63.Dial1.Dallas1.Level3.net) has parted. 12«114 people12»

Edited by darkblizzard, 28 July 2005 - 07:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users