8 replies to this topic

#1 R-T-B

R-T-B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

Hi, I was wondering if there are any offsets that control the physicls of weapon projectiles. For example, a needler round has different behavior than a assault rifle round, etc. Specificly, what I'm wanting to do is make an assualt rifle shoot plasma grenades (with the grenades having same physics as assault rifle rounds). I tried simple swapping the weapons, but then the grenade just falls to the floor.

I'm not afraid of hex or meta... My question is, is this possible?

#2 IronNovoxx

IronNovoxx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:45 AM

You'll have to give the plasma grenade projectile an inital and final velocity, aswell as null the arc

#3 Sephiroth_

Sephiroth_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

You may also want to make it stick to all surfaces, if you don't, and the grenade misses a target, it'll bounce forever really fast

#4 R-T-B

R-T-B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE(Sephiroth_ @ Jul 24 2005, 08:59 PM)
You may also want to make it stick to all surfaces, if you don't, and the grenade misses a target, it'll bounce forever really fast

View Post

Ok, I can find all the properties listed above, but I'm having trouble making it stick to all surfaces. I'm using Halo Map tools 3.5. Any idea how I'd go about doing that? There doesn't seem to be any properties in relation to sticking.

Also, on a tangent, is it possible to make units that come out of your guns (like if I make a gun shoot marines, sentinels, etc) have a functioning AI? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

#5 Much

Much

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:39 AM

I like the grenade bouncing really fast tongue.gif Cuase just go to coag and have unlimited nades then after you captur once have stickies and make them in the door ways and the roof then your never going to loose.

#6 Sephiroth_

Sephiroth_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

PM me if you need the plugin. If you have the most rescent plugin, it should look like this (I know the picture is small, photobucket is gay, but you should be able to tell if your plugin info looks anything like this) As for the AI? No, it's not possible to shoot out working AI

Edited by Sephiroth_, 27 July 2005 - 06:21 AM.

#7 R-T-B

R-T-B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:53 AM

Actually, I found the plugin pack (you can disregard my PM).

My question now is, I'm not familiar with these properties (they're different than my previous plugin). How do you null the arc with this? Would I turn off air gravity on the grenade?

I think I got the rest covered. Many thanks.

#8 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

theres always the Halo Cache Editor that could do that. I know that you wanna be advanced and all but it will be alot quicker. Right now I am getting Halo 1 back onto my xbox and ima mod veerything up. PM me if ya wanna talk or i have
aim: meowmix edition

#9 Sephiroth_

Sephiroth_

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

Yes, the air gravity is what you should null

0 user(s) are reading this topic