6 replies to this topic

#1 ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:19 AM

Now I have already done the soldering, so all that is left is to flash. From what I gather, I'm going to run into a problem of already having my HD softmodded, so how exactly do I need to go about fixing it so that I can TSOP flash. I have mechassault ready to go with raincoat, so this in my minor hangup. Anyone know what I need to do from here? Is there any other way to do this? My plan is to ultimately install a bigger HD, which I had planned on doing with xhdm, but I can't get the shit to work, so I've moved to the TSOP route.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:13 AM

Well you can just uninstall the softmod and then load up MA and flash with raincoat or evox, or you can just load evox from the softmod and flash from there (the latter method would be easier)

The only issue you'll run into with the softmod still installed is if the softmod uses nkpatcher (which it should if it's any good) which only works on retail bioses. However, if you put an evoxdash.xbe (which doesn't necesarily have to be evox) in the C drive (or where ever your bios is set to boot from first), then it'll load that first and not the softmod and you'll be just fine. After that, you can ftp in and delete the softmod files and re-install the MS dashboard.

#3 ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:49 AM

Well here's what I did, I FTPed the raincoat to my e/udata/ then made a shortcut to evox, so I load it, follow the instructions that slushie wrote to flash the tsop. Everything goes fine, it finishes and I reboot. The main xbox screen comes up, along with the MS logo at the bottom, but goes no further, just sits. But, the green light stays on at the bottom, so it doesn't seem to be fragging. So I'm kind of confused on what to do next.

EDIT: I just tried to put a retail halo 2 in, and it boots right up. Even boots up my backup games....soooo what do I need to do?

Edited by ICEHOCEY77, 25 July 2005 - 07:01 AM.

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(Trevante @ Jul 25 2005, 12:24 AM)
The only issue you'll run into with the softmod still installed is if the softmod uses nkpatcher (which it should if it's any good) which only works on retail bioses. However, if you put an evoxdash.xbe (which doesn't necesarily have to be evox) in the C drive (or where ever your bios is set to boot from first), then it'll load that first and not the softmod and you'll be just fine. After that, you can ftp in and delete the softmod files and re-install the MS dashboard.

View Post

Did you not read this part of my post? Your box is freezing because the softmod is still loading and it's trying to run nkpatcher, which only works on retail bioses.

Anyways, just load an evox boot disc (or load MA so you don't have to make a disc), ftp in, and place an evoxdash.xbe in the C drive.

#5 ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Trevante @ Jul 25 2005, 02:48 AM)
Did you not read this part of my post? Your box is freezing because the softmod is still loading and it's trying to run nkpatcher, which only works on retail bioses.

Anyways, just load an evox boot disc (or load MA so you don't have to make a disc), ftp in, and place an evoxdash.xbe in the C drive.

View Post

Well I read your post after the fact, I talked to someone off xbins that told me what basically was in the tutorial I was reading. But I appreciate you still willing to help me out. Thanks again.

#6 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:45 AM

No problem, glad you got everything sorted out.

#7 Warclock

Warclock

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

The bios is looking for xbe file on the C:\

Try to put the Slayer's disc or Evox install disc in to see if it boot up or not. If it's boot up with Slayer's disc, then just install the software. Or try to put the game in to see if it's boot up. If games boot up , that means your xbox is ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users