X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:20 AM

k....I've been up and down the forms trying to figure out what X: Y: and Z: partiontions are used for. back in the first week of haveing a chip, I stuck LOTRs 2 Towers Divx CD 2 on X: and seemed to be fine for about 4 or 5 days. Then one day it was just up and gone.
I'm just guessin that their used for temp space for XBox games, but what are they really used for? There's a good amount of space on those drives that would be great to Tap into....espessially for Linux Downloads being how slow my FTP transfer rate is.
- jC!

#2 rjm2k

rjm2k

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (jC! @ Apr 5 2003, 08:20 AM)
k....I've been up and down the forms trying to figure out what X: Y: and Z: partiontions are used for. back in the first week of haveing a chip, I stuck LOTRs 2 Towers Divx CD 2 on X: and seemed to be fine for about 4 or 5 days. Then one day it was just up and gone.
I'm just guessin that their used for temp space for XBox games, but what are they really used for? There's a good amount of space on those drives that would be great to Tap into....espessially for Linux Downloads being how slow my FTP transfer rate is.
- jC!

They are temp drives, don't use them for anything you want to keep. The xbox transfers stuff onto them because they are much faster than the dvd drive.

#3 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:15 AM

Yeah...I just now watched those TechTV Episodes and they mention it there.
Thanks!

#4 Anushian

Anushian

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:19 PM

Goodbye emulators. I gotta get a bigger hd one of these days sad.gif

#5 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 April 2003 - 04:25 PM

Wow, honestly, I thought the use of X Y Z drives where common knowledge now.. guess I was wrong.. I have had to FTP in and Delete X Y Z several times to get games to work.. always made me wonder what "normal" xbox owners did if they rented a lot of games. I know, if you only have like 5-10 games, you wont have a problem, but when testing out 200+ games, some of them screw up the cache drives and a manual delete is required to fix the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users