• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigirish

bigirish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

What's up everyone? I am new to the scene, and am having some issues when I am trying to connect the Xbox to my computer via FTP. I am not at home, so I don't have access to the FTP log file. However, it states that it connects to the Xbox,and then will drop connection almost immediately. The error message will just say that client dropped session, and will attempt again in 30 sec. over and over.............. sad.gif

I am connecting w/ cat5 cable from my xbox to my linksys router. XP firewall is off, etc...??

WTF???

I would appreciate any help! Thanks!!!!

#2 action_button

action_button

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:09 PM

try plugging it in directly to your computer, then set up a new network for it

Edited by action_button, 25 July 2005 - 09:10 PM.

#3 BinaryMod

BinaryMod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:51 PM

try globescape's CuteFTP or try IE.... are you logging in as username: XBOX password: XBOX?

if none of those dont work, try checking your settings in linksys... make sure ftp is enabled and to keep the connection established for a long period of time.

#4 bigirish

bigirish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I did check the Linksys, and FTP is enabled. I also attempted to plug the xbox directly into the computer, and set up a new network, etc. I still get the same old message...........client dropped connection crap. uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users