#1 bobbyblaze

bobbyblaze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 11:47 AM

biggrin.gif Hey every one,
Just a quick idea, but since the XBOX has a scaling videochip which it uses to make 480line NTSC games run full screen on 576 line PAL, would it be possible to use this to multiply the verticle size of a video stream by 1.33 and therefore make anamorphic DVD's of non-anamrphic ones? huh.gif
I realise that this would not increase the detail of the image but it woud sure as shit make it smoother and work as a cheap but effective line enhancer for projectors that don't have them etc.

Is it possible and if so feasable?

What do you think?

#2 EvilBoris

EvilBoris

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:37 PM

Because of the nature of refresh rates and frame rate differences between the NTSC and PAL format, it would cause all sorts of A/V sync problems

#3 bobbyblaze

bobbyblaze

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:42 PM

Ah, not so EvilBoris, for I have used the Xbox Media Player to do just this and I must say the results are fucking impressive. All you have to do is use the clipping function to delete the black bars or the non-anamorphic picture and the xbox media player adjusts the picture to suit. Using this I got from 360 NTSC to 576 PAL very happily and the results were nothing short of amazing. As for frame/ refresh problems, they were handled quite superbly. What an amazing piece of software! I shall no longer use my GB£550 pioneer dvd player on my 8ft screen for non-anamorphic features in future as the xbox does them better! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users