• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bukosknr

bukosknr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:53 PM

Does XBMC support active directory? Meaning can I use domain user security to access shares on my XP / Server 2003 machines?

Here is what I have:
Windows server 2003 domain controller, this is also my file server.
Windows XP machine that stores my music. A member of my domain.

Here is what I have done:
I setup a domain user and gave it rights to a share on my file server (PDC). I went to my xp machine gave this new domain account read rights to my music share. I checked the NTFS security and this user has rights that are inherited from the USERS group.

I modified my xbmc.xml file to reflect the new share names and also the domain;useridassword@servername/sharename.

Go into XBMC and the new shares show up as expected but I cannot get into the shares I get access is denied on the xp music machine. The windows server 2003 file share doesn't give access is denied but shows no files in the share.

So I went ahead and created a local user id and password to match my domain user id and password on my xp machine. Gave local user read rights to the share. Went to XBMC and it works I am able to stream music. So it needed a local account.

That would work and I wouldn't be posting but I still cannot access any files on my windows server 2003 domain controller / file server. It doesn't give an error it simply allows me into the share but shows no files.

Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users