X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jul 26 2005, 10:54 PM)
the pics are sick!

Shouldnt you give them some Pepto or something?

jk. looks awesome laugh.gif

#3 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(Infamous_One @ Jul 26 2005, 04:14 PM)
Shouldnt you give them some Pepto or something?
jk. looks awesome  laugh.gif

View Post

The detail that they placed on the game is completely ridiculous! And what's amazing is that all these games are first generation ones...could you imagine how these games would look like and play like once developers start pushing the system's full capabilities...damn, my fiance is gonna have some stiff competition tongue.gif

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:01 PM

holy beautiful pictures...

Unfortunately my laptop isn't nearly powerful enough to play HD video... I get no sound and about 1 frame per second, not to mention I don't even have the horizontal resolution for it laugh.gif

The scary part is my laptop is a 733 P3... 128MB ram much like the current gen Xbox, and it can't even play VIDEO of HD never mind actually render to that resolution real time laugh.gif

I can't wait till I get my desktop back so I can enjoy all these HD videos.

#5 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

twisted, you can always go to teamxbox and get the low res version, its still quite pretty.

Anyways, it took them three years to get the game this pretty (Really pretty!).

hmmmm...........and theyre currently having frame rate problems.......
pd zero wont be 60 fps either..
i dunno.......im not very optimistic for the next gen right now dry.gif

I NEED to see some new pd zero and kameo footage NOW!!? grr.gif

After seeing conker and looking back at rare's track record for grafix and gameplay. Until i see what rare can do with the system, i wont REALLY now what the 360 is capable of.

Edited by incognegro, 27 July 2005 - 03:13 PM.

#6 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hell even my desktop isn't beefy enough for this but guess what?
I watched the video and it played fine with Power DVD, the audio's a bit screwy but the video plays fine.

You might want to give it a shot....

This game is a beauty.
I can't believe we're gonna get games that look this good in just a few months biggrin.gif

#7 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

I'm fine with 30 fps, as long as there aren't dips. Anything below 25 is noticable once you've been running at 30fps.

I'd rather have 720p and 4x anti aliasing and 30 fps then having to sacrafice aax to get 60fps. At least I think I would.
Maybe 60 fps would be better than having anti aliasing?

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:23 PM

as far as the so called frame rate problems are concerned, I wouldnt worry about it. I doubt they have ati and the edram working in perfect harmony. Just a few weeks ago someone from Ati said theyre still working on a few bugs within the video card. 4 months is a looooong time to be able to get the kinks out, and its just a software thing anyways, so its always fixable.

I think the problem with some of the games will be that they had such underpowered kits for a year, and now they are getting something that resembles the real deal, and its tripping them up here and there.

and pretending we didnt get the frame buffer...

eff the 60 fps.

give me 10 fps and smooth lines anyday.

Ok thats a stretching it a bit, but you get my point.

and PGR 2 used FSAA and it showed. Its still a testament to what a polished game can look like on the xbox. Its beautiful and it runs smooth too.

I wont be racing much in these games, Ill be to fuggin busy sitting on the side of a street and just looking at buildings and cars the lack of jaggies pop.gif

Thats what sent me off many a cliff in Rallisport 2, lol. Damn distractions!!

blink.gif

smile.gif

#9 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the frame rate.
No one really seemed to care that PG2 was running at 30 fps while the previous game was running at 60 fps.

I'm pretty confident that Bizarre will pull of 60 fps for it's latest title.

#10 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jul 27 2005, 03:58 PM)
I wouldn't worry too much about the frame rate.
No one really seemed to care that PG2 was running at 30 fps while the previous game was running at 60 fps.

I'm pretty confident that Bizarre will pull of 60 fps for it's latest title.

View Post

indeed

to whoever whines about framerate, go pop in PGR and play it. Please take notice of the jaggies the size of your arm while playing.

then pop in PGR 2 and tell me if the polished look alone doesnt supply more fun, you wont even notice its running slower.

if someone here says that pgr is better than the sequel, you will be branding yourself as blind/retarded/stupid, and worst of all, Poopy.

pop.gif

#11 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

see, im not ragging on pgr. Im sure pgr is gonna be fine in that department. Its just that i know those guys have been working on the game for three years and havent got it optimised to the point of 60 fps yet. It got me thinking that the new development environments that devs have to endure thanks to the giant leap in technology might sacrifice our gaming experience on a whole.

does this mean we are going to have to wait forever to get an epic game that really pushes the imagination of gamers and devs. im talking a monumental game, a game that will never be forgotten (like ninja gaiden, halo, zelda, gta, mgs and all those games of the past that falls in this category).

out of the launch titles, does anybody think that any of them will fall into that category? (im optimistic about the rare games, after playing conker for the first time ive gained a new respect for them)

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

Recon 3 could be one, it looks like its totally departed from the others.

Oblivion could be, who knows.

I dont care if a single game falls into that category, I'll have too many to begin with.

I think Gears of War will, but thats a year off and optimization time is plentiful for that title. Huxley might too.

who ever said they were making monumental launch titles?

if anything, for launch they are simply making sequels to games that are already entrenched into gamers minds(for the most part).

I hope youre not expecting mind blowing masterpieces at launch. What we have on our plate is already far and away the best ever for a launch.

with any console, it will take a gen or 2 for the devs to tap into it, regardless of how easy it may be overall to develop for initially.

#13 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:48 PM

Im not expecting monumental launch games, I never do. But I expect atleast one to blow my mind or atleast help justify my purchase. When I bought my xbox at launch i got halo with it and that blew my mind (not immediately but when i realised 2 years later that im not tired of it, i Knew it was truly great). Im just trying to find a game that will give me the same feel at launch.

#14 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

well don't get your hopes up is all. Dont put expectations on them, much like I did Halo 2, and damn did I learn a lesson sad.gif

Halo turned out to be a surprise, while its successor...we wont go there.

I hope you find what youre looking for smile.gif

I'll get my $$'s worth when I pop in DOA 4.

Every game Im getting at launch is another game in a series that I already love, so I'll be in heaven love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users