#1 thinkbox

thinkbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:42 PM

I saw this idea in another thread, and absolutely LOVED the concept! I do understand this isn't my own idea and in no way is it original, but I thought if I could make my box look like that? Well, I'd be king shit...at least in my own eyes, lol.

user posted image

I have modified the design to my liking, changing a few things around that would make it feaisble to work with the existing xbox parts. This is the original design. Does anybody know whose original work this was? I would love to give them credit.

user posted image

I will of course have a worklog posted of how everything comes along.
Thanks to JimmyDeushku for the idea.

#2 la7eralus

la7eralus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

Its definitely possible althout getting the case to concave inward like that would be extremely difficult if you were planning on doing it to the stock xbox case. I would guess a heat gun would be our best friend but you would either have to make the case taller or remove/rearrange the xbox's innards to allow the concave to depress so much. Also a smooth concave would be hard to do. Your best bet would probably be to start off with plexi glass, mold it to your liking with a heat gun and cutting, maybe some bondo to smooth it out and hold certain things in place. Basically it would probably be easier to fabricate it from scratch than to mod the origional to that.

Whatever you do, good luck.

#3 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:35 AM

Wasn't that an officially released render? Nobody here did it, that's for sure.

#4 thinkbox

thinkbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(Granulated @ Jul 26 2005, 09:46 PM)
Wasn't that an officially released render?  Nobody here did it, that's for sure.

View Post

No idea. I love it though, much better than the official xbox360 design. Oh well maybe I can mod the 360 to look like this, too.

#5 GoP-Demon

GoP-Demon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:24 AM

o.O Dood Someone Rich and skilled needs to make this now. Except... replace all the green with cold cathodes xO! and lights

#6 fingolfin

fingolfin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:25 AM

yeah, making a new case would be eaiser than modding.... That would be alot of bondo! biggrin.gif

#7 Larrimus

Larrimus

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Xbox (360 included), Wii, games in general, car, car audio and most of all...my BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, AMY
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:00 AM

I personally don't like it. Well, it would look good as a current mod but I think the 360 looks better with the final design as opposed to this one. Someone was actually making a mock 360 case out of plexi. You could use the same approach as them but just change it to resemble this...

#8 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(Larrimus @ Jul 26 2005, 11:11 PM)
I personally don't like it. Well, it would look good as a current mod but I think the 360 looks better with the final design as opposed to this one. Someone was actually making a mock 360 case out of plexi. You could use the same approach as them but just change it to resemble this...

View Post

AtomHeartMother made the case. The thread is still on the first or second page, so I'm not gonna post it.

#9 Viscaria

Viscaria

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Computers, Longboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE(Granulated @ Jul 26 2005, 08:46 PM)
Wasn't that an officially released render?

View Post

Nahh, you can see that the text (where it says XBOX) doesn't line up right, and the grill texture doesn't follow the surface quite right. That reeks of Photoshop (mighty impressive Photoshop work, if I might add). Not that M$ hasn't doctored anything in Photoshop before.

#10 thinkbox

thinkbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well, the top one is my photoshopped version of the bottom, vertical-standing case. I wanted mine to lay flat and have the controller ports in the middle of the case. The vertical one I found somewhere on the forums.

#11 JimmyDeushku

JimmyDeushku

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(GoP-Demon @ Jul 26 2005, 08:35 PM)
o.O Dood Someone Rich and skilled needs to make this now. Except... replace all the green with cold cathodes xO! and lights

View Post

I am making this one right now, I'm about halfway finished. Here is a link.

QUOTE(fingolfin @ Jul 26 2005, 09:36 PM)
yeah, making a new case would be eaiser than modding.... That would be alot of bondo! biggrin.gif

View Post

Lol my version of this case is about 50% bondo. When I'm finished and if other people want to buy it I am going to make acrylic or plastic molds of the case and mass produce them, for sale soon on my new site. I just don't know how to go about doing this.

Edited by JimmyDeushku, 28 July 2005 - 06:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users