• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VICH

VICH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

I read the "Installing a New Hard Disk Drive to your Xbox (v0.7)" tutorial (link: http://www.xbox-scen...d-install2.php). Of course I did everything just as the tutorial says: performed a backup on my xbox, copyied the contents of the xbox c:\ and e:\ drives to my PC HDD, burned the ISO with all the needed files, connected the new HDD to my xbox (CS setting); the CD with the ISO boots the EvoX dashboard with like 4 options, one of them being "Install new drive", I selected that, and after a few seconds it was done.

So I try to connect to the FTP and woila, it's connected, and I can see all the partitions on my new xbox drive. Now where's the problem? > The problem occurs when I try to transfer the backup of xbox's c:\ and e:\ from my PC to the new HDD in xbox. My FTP client gives me a criticall transfer error. I tried to make a directory on c:\ (xbox) and the action is denied. So the catch is that I can't in any way transfer anything to my new xbox HDD (I can transfer file by file for instance, but the whole thing acts very strange, like it says that the file already exists when it of course doesn't: the HDD was formatted by the CD with the ISO, right?).

I'm using EvoX modchip of course.

I'd appreciate any kind of help folks.

Thanks!

#2 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:46 PM

read up on how to use an app called xboxHDM if you have the image of your original drive on your pc it will allow you to put all the info onto the HD inside ur PC not through FTP.

im too lazy to type the tut out lol so search on how to use it.

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users