Photo

Gta - The Usual Hd Problem With A Twist....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickthegreat

nickthegreat

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

hi,
am experiencing the usual (by the sounds of the thread....) gta:sa hd loading problem - run the back up and it resets to main dash. have read the thread and followed a couple of suggestions, including IGR off, deleted Z: gta3.img file which was about 700mb (why GTA3? its SA......) but after my experience with surreal 64 (where i had to delete the save game) i think that looking for a gta:sa save to delete is the best plan (as suggested by someone on the thread)

Heres the twist: no msdash board...... i managed to delete the surreal save game without a dash using ftp and searching through the E drive /udata and /tdata folders. i kind of knew what i was looking for then, the surreal folders stood out. the rest do not. there are 350 of them roughly. blink.gif

and there it is. too many problems have been sorted by deleting saves on my xbox so i think thats the way forward(although theres alot of talk about trs - i don't seem to have that option, old evox, but don't want to upgrade right now - ill trade one prob for a bigger one knowing my luck... rolleyes.gif )

if anyone can help that would be great, my hd is dying and the stuttering is not helping me to shoot down that f**king jet over the army base biggrin.gif
cheers,
nick

#2 nickthegreat

nickthegreat

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:07 AM

prob solved biggrin.gif
if anyone else wants the answer to finding the game saves here is the tutorial: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=259309

cheers for the topic, thought i checked all the faqs..... tongue.gif
nick

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:00 AM

also, unleashX has a game saves manager very similar to MS dash one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users