• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChInEsE ChIcKeN

ChInEsE ChIcKeN

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Interests:If I'm here at a xbox modding forum what other kind of interests could i have?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

recently a couple of my friends came over to check out my xbox.... they loved what i did to it but they want me to put in LEDs in there ps2 slim line model..... i was just wondering does anyone know how any solder points???? or does anyone know any sites that would have tutorial like ps2 case and hardware mods.....???

#2 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:49 PM

You can always buy a multimeter and check for points yourself. try tapping into ide cables or molex connectors. A good start. I spliced into my molex hdd cable for power in my xbox, I imagine you could do something similar to a ps2. I dont know anything about them, otherwise I'd be a little more help.

My advice, get a multimeter. (only about 10-20$)

#3 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

I would say that this site is strickly for xbox, if you are wanting to work with the PS2 then you wuld need to go to some places like PS2scene or PS2nfo as well as a bunch of other sites like dawn.

#4 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Statecowboy @ Jul 27 2005, 02:00 PM)
You can always buy a multimeter and check for points yourself.  try tapping into ide cables or molex connectors.  A good start.  I spliced into my molex hdd cable for power in my xbox, I imagine you could do something similar to a ps2.  I dont know anything about them, otherwise I'd be a little more help.

My advice, get a multimeter. (only about 10-20$)

View Post

The PS2 slim does not have a hdd and it was not made for one, there is mods you can do to add one though. There is also no molex connections.

Edited by Code-Runner, 27 July 2005 - 08:52 PM.

#5 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(Code-Runner @ Jul 27 2005, 04:03 PM)
The PS2 slim does not have a hdd and it was not made for one, there is mods you can do to add one though. There is also no molex connections.

View Post

Well then go to the IDE...just open it up and look. And he's an xbox modder, so I think it's ok if he asks a simple question about wiring something up.

#6 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Statecowboy @ Jul 27 2005, 02:05 PM)
Well then go to the IDE...just open it up and look.  And he's an xbox modder, so I think it's ok if he asks a simple question about wiring something up.

View Post

There is no IDE on a PS2 slim, the DVD is flex cable installed and the PSU is an external unit. You can splice off the board but it is very sensitive and many time have I had ppl bring in dead mobos because of failed mod attempts not to mention the laser issues. You are also soldering to areas smaller than the top d0 point and the mobo fuses are quite maxed to begin with so they do go quite constantly.

Edit

I just wanted to add that adding LEDs to it is not uncommon and can be done but this is the wrong place to ask because of the differences of knowledge about design.

Edited by Code-Runner, 27 July 2005 - 10:40 PM.

#7 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:52 AM

I see, nice point. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users