10 replies to this topic

#1 RoleModel

RoleModel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

Was wondering if any of yall knew of any xbox 360 pre-order promos. I've been waiting for someone to announce something so I'll know which store to pre-order from.

Yesterday, Gamestop told me that they rarely have promos for consoles, just for games. Has that been your experience as well?

#2 mbratton

mbratton

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

yeah, I've never heard of console promos

#3 DaBoyBk

DaBoyBk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:41 PM

Yea I usually hear promos that features you having to trade in a game system and a couple of games to get money off of the new system. For example: trade in a ps2 system 3 games and add $50 to get a psp.

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:17 AM

if anything you'll see bundling deals at the time of release

your only potential pre-order goodie might be a t-shirt or dvd about the upcoming console

#5 aykfc1

aykfc1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

My friend in virginia gets 20 percent off if he pre-orders and I believe it was at his local gamestop. Now possitive on the store.

#6 SickJoda

SickJoda

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:THE PIT SKIN<br />ModInside Jewel (blue LED)<br />Xecuter 2<br />80 HDD<br />Pink eject botton<br />Blue/ Pink Ports
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(RoleModel @ Jul 28 2005, 05:25 AM)
Was wondering if any of yall knew of any xbox 360 pre-order promos.  I've been waiting for someone to announce something so I'll know which store to pre-order from.

Yesterday, Gamestop told me that they rarely have promos for consoles, just for games.  Has that been your experience as well?

View Post

haha, yeah i got em, i just think its really funny how your picture is the guy on that commercial who needs penis enlargement! tongue.gif

Edited by SickJoda, 31 July 2005 - 06:22 PM.

#7 Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

There is a promo it was called get your xbox360 on launch day, not days or weeks later. Most places now won't garuntee a preorder for launch day, you should've preordered earlier within a couple of weeks of the start of preorders.

#8 wes000

wes000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

Two months ago my local Gamestop was offering the 360 preorder. It was $50 and it guaranteed you a Xbox 360 the day it was released. The guy told me that they had so many reserved and now was the chance to guarantee me a 360.

#9 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

just go to places like best buy or walmart where they dont have pre-orders (or at least mine dont on consoles) go at midnight or ealrier wait in line, go home and play all night

#10 RoleModel

RoleModel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(mike96sc2 @ Jul 31 2005, 08:28 AM)
if anything you'll see bundling deals at the time of release
yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just wondering if anyone's heard of a Madden 360 bundle or something like that.

The Gamestop I go to said yesterday they can still guarantee to have one available at launch, but if you guys are saying that's a rarity, I guess I'll go preorder from 'em now.

Thanks guys.

#11 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

I reserved mine the 2nd day Gamestop opened up to accepting the orders, Most of the bundle deals on launch IMO will be online (how I got my xbox lauch day), or they will be like announced week of release type deal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users