• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 richinlaf31

richinlaf31

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:55 PM

What version of XBMC should I be using? I currently have the 7-24 compilation, but I am having some problems with it.

1. It seems very slow when using SMB shares. I have one for pictures and one for music (more on music below).

2. It was taking hours to 'scan' the I-Tunes share, so I stopped scanning. I tried playing a song and the box locked up. I restarted it, tried playing a different song. Same thing. Finally I shared my I-Tunes directory as an SMB share and added this to my XML file. I can browse the directory (VERY slowly) and listen to the songs. However, there is no album art. I tried scanning this share and it went all night until my XBox turned itself off (6 Hours, I think) and it didn't finish. Is it supposed to be slow going between screens in SMB shares? Should it take that long to scan the directory? Why isn't album art showing up?

3. No problem here.. Just stating that what ever version is recommended needs to have Kai's XLink on it. That is the main reason I chose XBMC as my dashboard.

I really like this dashboard and want to use it, but there is no reason to use it if I can't get the audio/pics/videos to work at a better speed than they are. It would also help if the CD Covers actually showed up.

Info:

PC: 2.6 GHz, GB Ethernet adapter
XBOX: Xenium Ice, 160 GB HD
Router: MS Base Station (Used for wireless, but these two are plugged in to it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users