#1 Yad2ckrU

Yad2ckrU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:17 PM

Here`s the deal: Got one xbox with a duox2 chip that is a 1.1 according to configmagic. Got another one that has a broken HDD and xboxlive that is 1.0.
I want to put the stock 8 GB HDD from my chipped box (it has a 120 GB HDD now) into my other box. I understand I need a new eeprom for the HDD because it has been online. Luckily I have some version 1.0 eeproms left from my friends softmodded xboxes. Now, can I flash the 1.0 eeprom to my 1.1 box so I can lock the stock HDD to that then try to boot the broken HDD (usually it wont boot and just makes clicking noises but sometimes it starts up) then flash the same eeprom to it and put in the HDD?

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:27 PM

You should be able to use (LiveInfo??) to change the 1.0 EEPROM into one that will work with the 1.1. I think it just changes how the info is written to the chip and it should work. You may even be able to use the 1.0 EEPROM on the 1.1.

#3 Kev102189

Kev102189

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Video games (duh!)<br />Motorcycles
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

Let me know how it goes, I want to do the same thing from a 1.6 to a 1.0. The only thing I've heard is make sure your big HD is unlocked when you take it out, or you won't be able to unlock your HD to restore your EEPROM.

Kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users