VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Three new writers (that know not a thing about wrestling) have been hired to the WWE creative team recently.
One of them, a female brought in from the Nickelodeon channel, asked JBL recently how they made the "fake blood"
continue to look like it was flowing out of his head.

I might have missed seeing wcw dying but damn i got front row this time!

#2 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:07 AM

WWE will never die. They are too powerful, still have and make tons of money each year and although the product sucks at times they still draw. And with the additions of Brock Lesnar, Jamie Noble and Spanky, who knows what will happen....especially after Smackdown *reportedly* will fold in 2006.............

The next couple years will sure be interesting for professional wrestling.

#3 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

Didnt WWE almost die during the monday night wars? i remember hearing them say that
on the dvd.. they said they were very close to going down.
then again they might have been exagerating to make it all seem more dramatic..

And Noble & Spanky will be fed to Brock, thats the way it has always been in WWE.

but yeah, gonna be some interesting years, and i wont miss smackdown..

#4 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

well.. their televised presence did get it ass kicked for awhile.. but they were still doing well on PPV and house shows at the time.. so there wasn't much chance of thm actually folding during the monday night wars.

With Brock about to sign his new deal.. and Noble and Spanky coming back.. it's at least a sign they are willing to try some shit.

I think from now one.. we are going to see a lot of in and out talent. People come in for 6 months.. do their thing.. dry up.. and get a pink slip. Then get asked back in a year or two.

This actually works well for tv and for the audience.. as we get refreshed characters and stories.. or at least that's the way it was back in the territories days.

With the old/new writers.. for al we know it's going to end up like Coronation Street

#5 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:09 AM

they need to get back to the basics.
wwe was never bigger when they had ston cold running around wipping everyones ass.
the wwe needs to realize that if they ever want to rise back up to the rung that thay used to occupy in the past, they need to give the fans something that they can relate to. i mean back in the day, who didnt wish they could come to work with or without an invintation and drink beer, flip people off, and kick the bosses ass. it was interesting.
it was american.

#6 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:27 PM

I would like to see more of Austin, Damn the Rock I hate him for turning his back on the fans. Good news about Noble he should push for a cruiserweight title or US strap. I would also like to see the hardcore strap and match's come back. Back when Foley, Al Snow and Hardcore Holly fought over the title those were match's that I liked Smackdown needs something to help it or else it going down the shitter soon.

#7 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:35 PM

WWE doesnt need to rehash old stars to be more successful. The reason WWEE was so successful with the Rock, Stone Cold and DX was because WCW beat them in the ratings 82 straight weeks. Nowadays, with little to no competition, WWE doesnt have to worry about pulling high ratings every week because they know that fans who want to watch wrestling every week has only one alternative. And unfortunately the majority of WWE fans are partially or compleely oblivious to the independent wrestling scene. They dont realize that Ring of Honor is around and doing, in some cases, much better storylines and matches than WWE.

#8 biggieandmoe

biggieandmoe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

WWE ain't going anywhere. Didn't vince say yesterday that wwe raw got a 9.0 rating or smething like tat and it was the highest ever in television history. And raw is going to the usa network so that will probably give more ratings since that is one of my favorite networks.

#9 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:31 PM

Vince said that WWE Raw broke the record for most original episodes of a fictional TV show.

#10 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:58 AM

does anyone know why the wwe left the USA network anyway?
it just seams like when they moved over to spike thats when it started going down hill imo.

#11 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:46 AM

Let's see if I remember this correctly...

It's was about time for WWF/E to renew their contract with USA Network...Vince wanted more money...USA said no...Spike (then The National Network) offered them a deal, Vince waited for a bidding war...USA didn't bite...WWF/E moved to TNN/Spike and the rest is WrestleCrap. Now it seems to be the opposite.

#12 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:52 AM

lets just hope Spike doesnt bury TNA like they did ECW.......though i did hear that one of Spike's conditions was that TNA had to buy all their airtime, effectively making iMPACT an infomercial every week but i think that was resolved.

#13 Zeal Tha MC

Zeal Tha MC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

WWE is fucking fake,but if its the only thing there is to watch ill watch it smile.gif

#14 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:21 PM

I would like to see Layla back she was the sexiest of them all plus she's from Canada so she gets more points with me biggrin.gif I would like to see Shane and Stephanie McMahon back anyone have any word on them?

#15 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:33 AM

Steph, who is of course married to HHH, is busy behind the scenes with HHH's conversion to power once Vince steps down. Shane has an office job with WWE but im not sure exactly what it is. He has shown little interest in returning on camera anytime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users