Photo

Softmodding Without Opening The Xbox? Possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crackbot

Crackbot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:48 PM

hi,

i was going to softmod an xbox, and i basically know how to do this, but theres one thing i dont get. I thought u need to solder some point on the mainboard, depending on the version, for example like in the Slushie Tutorial. But now i heard about ways to do it without opening it, but i just cant trust it, cause i always thought it would be a necessarity to solder in order to flash to original bios chip!

http://www.i-hacked....nt/view/114/62/

take a look at that site! I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the truth about the whole softmodding mysteries! Cause this is starting to freak me out! tongue.gif

I read the PDF Doc for the Software they arte talking about in that article, but to me it only seems to be an autoinstaller for softmodding, that does the whole 007 and mechassault and audio exploit and stuff automatically! Well that allready would be cool, but that doesnt mean that u dont have to solder anymore, right?

PLease answer quick, cause this is starting to freak me out!

Thank you very much for your time!

#2 Nosf3ratu

Nosf3ratu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, what else?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:59 PM

You must not know too much about it. Softmodding and what your thinking about are two way different things. Softmodding involves using exploits within gamesaves and .xbe's in the Xbox. TSOP modding is basically giving you your very own modchip for free(although not as advanced as currents chips). What your think about with the soldering is TSOP modding. To answer your question, no, you do not have to open your console to softmod an Xbox because it involves no hardware modifications whatsoever.

#3 some foo

some foo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:57 PM

i actually was in your position a few weeks ago and i ended up getting a hold of a memory card and putting krazies auto installer which you can get from the usual places and so y ai ran mech assault adn i opened the save game adn it was that easy more or less look around on the tutorials on this site adn you will be suprized on how easy adn simple every thing is thies ppl have gone thrue a lot of effort to make this as easy adn understandable as they can so just have a look around

#4 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:19 AM

This is not about tsop flashing, please post this in the exploits section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users