• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lazyeyepancho8

lazyeyepancho8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

hey guys. i am not that new to this forum and have decided to mod my xbox case a little more. I want to do the dvd window mod, but have heard that samsung dvd drives are bad for some reason to do this mod with. i have the drive apart a this moment and i am ready to start cutting, but am now thinking twice because of this, can somebody please clear this up for me thanks

#2 Stratus

Stratus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, xbox 360, technology in general
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

I'm not so sure about them being bad, but who knows. I have a samsung drive and a also have a dvd window , the whole thing is still functioning just fine. You just need to be sure not to cut past the rounded circle part around the spindle

#3 lazyeyepancho8

lazyeyepancho8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:18 AM

so i can cut it up adn have no probloms with it, right? and i just bought a dremel (the corless one) and was wondering what bit to use to sand down the edges? thanks

#4 sra1019023

sra1019023

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

its not bad to do with a the sammy drive...its the best drive for the xbox....do not many people want to risk breaking it for a dvd window

#5 lazyeyepancho8

lazyeyepancho8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

so thats what all this hype is about? wow. anyways is there anything i want to avoid while i take apart my dvd drive? thanks

#6 w00t

w00t

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(lazyeyepancho8 @ Jul 29 2005, 01:29 AM)
so i can cut it up adn have no probloms with it, right? and i just bought a dremel (the corless one) and was wondering what bit to use to sand down the edges? thanks

View Post

before you use the dremal go back and return it. buy a CORDED one. i have a coedless, and it supposily has a lithium battery. well it only last like 15 min on a full battery. it will probly take you 3 batteries just to get the window done. if it was my decistion i would have bought a corded one, but my parents bought it, so i had no say really.

#7 lazyeyepancho8

lazyeyepancho8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

Mayeb you got a defecive one cause i just finished cutting the dvd drive and i still have a full battery left. the only problom was that i had to go through like 5 disks to get it done. How do i post pics up? thanks

#8 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

search on google for free image hosting. then upload your image somewhere and it will give you a url link to t. then just through img tags on either sides (press IMG button type link)

#9 blagmaster

blagmaster

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

CODE
[img]http://MS.com/billgates.jpg[/img]