Photo

Is There A Eay To Convert Xbox Saves To Pc ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 djzander

djzander

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

comon is there or isent there cuz i need to move for playing on my box to playing on my pc ? and i really dont wont to start over !

#2 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

no

#3 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:07 AM

Without the PC version to test I cannot confirm if this works but the theory goes as such:

First delete the first 20 bytes of the Xbox save
Now change the sixth byte to 0x75 (u in ascii)
Now update the Checksum-32 at the end of the file by selecting all the file except the last 4 bytes, use something like Hex Workshop to calculate the Checksum-32 and insert this new value into the checksum location (the last 4 bytes) in the correct byte order.
Finally rename the file to GTASAsf1.b (this is the first save slot, replace the 1 with any number up to 9 to change the save slot the save appears in)

It's a simple job, if it works I could knock up a tool in minutes, however as I said earlier I don't have the PC version to try this with so if you do try it make sure you keep a backup of your Xbox save

#4 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

Interestingly I just made an Xbox save out of a PC save I downloaded and it reported that the save was not compatable with this version of GTA: SA so I guess with a little more tweaking full save conversion might be possable smile.gif

#5 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

fuck you're good. I thought there was no hope in hell in doing it... great job..

#6 djzander

djzander

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:07 AM

so like if i give you my xbox save and a pc save can you make me a pc save out of my xbox 1 ? look guys i think this thread is going in agood direction so if you say you can make a tool why not ? you say its not a problem but a matter of will ?

#7 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

If you put your Xbox save up somewhere or send it to me I can try to make it into a PC save, there's no guarantee it will work though.
Until we figure out which part of the save determines it's version ID it's unlikely we'll be able to do a straight forward conversion

#8 djzander

djzander

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

ok ill send you tell me to were ? and how can i find my save in the xbox?

#9 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

If you have your xbox chipped use Xbox Save Manager, if you have an Xbox Action Replay just use that.

Send the save to gothiremovethisherebecauseit'sjunk[at]ps2savetools.com

#10 Tioe

Tioe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

I kinda have the same problem... but I wanna do it the other way.
I've been playing GTA SA for some time on my PC and now that I have a modded xbox, I want to convert the PC Saves to Xbox ones...
Any advice?

#11 Tioe

Tioe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

So I tried to reverse-engineer what Gothi said, but it didn't work.
This is what i did:

I took my PC Saves, added 20 bytes from an Xbox save
Changed the 26th byte to 0x4C (L in ascii) (also saw that in the Xbox save)
And updated the 4 last bytes in the opposit byte order with the Checksum-32 from the 21th byte till the 5 last byte. (I checked the Xbox savegame for that and noticed that it's checksum wasn't from the beginning and was in the opposit byte order)

So... what did I do wrong?

#12 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(Tioe @ Aug 1 2005, 03:45 PM)
So I tried to reverse-engineer what Gothi said, but it didn't work.
This is what i did:

I took my PC Saves, added 20 bytes from an Xbox save
Changed the 26th byte to 0x4C (L in ascii) (also saw that in the Xbox save)
And updated the 4 last bytes in the opposit byte order with the Checksum-32 from the 21th byte till the 5 last byte. (I checked the Xbox savegame for that and noticed that it's checksum wasn't from the beginning and was in the opposit byte order)

So... what did I do wrong?

View Post

Easy way to make a (non working at this time) Xbox save out of a PC save is to add the 20 bytes to the beginning of the file, change the 26th byte to 0x4C (ascii L) and change the filename to GTA_SA.xsv as you already have done.
Now all you need do is open the save with GTA: SA Censor Remover and choose the correct region for your version of GTA and press the 'Set Status' button. This will fix the Xbox sig (the first 20 bytes you added earlier) and also fix the checksum at the end of the file smile.gif

#13 HIGHPLAINSDRIFTER

HIGHPLAINSDRIFTER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(gothi @ Aug 1 2005, 06:25 PM)
Easy way to make a (non working at this time) Xbox save out of a PC save is to add the 20 bytes to the beginning of the file, change the 26th byte to 0x4C (ascii L)

View Post

Hello everyone,

I am also interested in converting my Pc San Andreas game saves into xbox game saves. The problem i have is that when i try to open the gtasaf.b (or gta_sa.xsv) file with notepad all i get is jibberish. Which leads to my question, how do i view the actual code so that i can edit it? Do I need an ansii text editor? Sorry if my question seems dumb, i am a noob to the world of programming code. Here is an example of what i see when i open with notepad this is the first line or so:

BLOCKu5Up, Up and Away! " H/ $" smT/$" $" </$" kH/$"  0/$" m</$" $" / k CNJES?A pP

Also once i get the to the point of changing the 26th bit to 0x4C (ascii L), how do i go about doing this? And wher is the 26th bit? Any help is greatly appreciated beerchug.gif

Edited by HIGHPLAINSDRIFTER, 10 August 2005 - 12:25 AM.

#14 gothi

gothi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:15 PM

Use a hex editor smile.gif

#15 aruaru

aruaru

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:51 PM

From what I know, the majority of the underlying format of the save for SA is pretty much a structured memory dump of the variables in the SCM scripts. So unless the XBOX and PC version happen to be using the same main.scm file (Im not sure if they are), then the conversion won't be too easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users