X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:23 AM

Well, I see a lot of questions as to which versions of each game are exploitable or not. So, I figured I would make this topic and hopefully it would clear some things up.

Mechassault

The ONLY Mechassault that is exploitable will have the following code written on the outer ring of the foil on the underside of the disc: MS02301L

IPB Image

007: Agent Under Fire

All non-platinum hits are exploitable. Some platinum hits are exploitable. If you have a 007 platinum hits, take a look at the disc and compare it to the following image.

IPB Image

Splinter Cell

To the best of my knowledge, all Splinter Cell games are exploitable, including the platinum hits versions.

BTW: Can somebody pin this please?

Edited by StrictPuppet, 23 May 2007 - 12:02 AM.

#2 SmokUrAss

SmokUrAss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:00 AM

I agree, pin this. It would have saved me $10 from buying a non-exploitable 007!

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:57 AM

very nice, pinned

#4 tim1210

tim1210

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:58 AM

Wow, today i felt like an idiot walking into gamestop and asing for a non-hits Splintercell when they gave me one. now i feel like and even bigger idiot....lol but thats ok either way it exploited yay!

#5 keaper

keaper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:34 AM

I found myself an original Mech Assault game. Tried the softmod. Batch fail error.
My disc does have the above number followed by 4 more characters.

<number above> L0 1B

Anyone know if i have correct version??

#6 blagmaster

blagmaster

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:girls
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:47 AM

Ehm i thought all PLATINUM Splinter Cells didnt work? I could be wrong though.

Nice job man good you took the time for this smile.gif

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(keaper @ Aug 3 2005, 05:45 AM)
I found myself an original Mech Assault game. Tried the softmod. Batch fail error.
My disc does have the above number followed by 4 more characters.

<number above> L0 1B

Anyone know if i have correct version??

View Post

never heard of a batch fail error, non exploitable copies of the game simply say "unable to load save" or "not a valid save" or something to that effect

Ehm i thought all PLATINUM Splinter Cells didnt work? I could be wrong though.

Nice job man good you took the time for this

nope, AFAIK all platinum SCs DO work, either the game sells to slow for MS to bother patching or they have just given up patching the savegame exploits

#8 dewx

dewx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:32 AM

Is there a way to tell which 007 platinum hits is exploitable from an unopened copy? Like barcode or packaging?

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(dewx @ Aug 6 2005, 07:43 PM)
Is there a way to tell which 007 platinum hits is exploitable from an unopened copy?  Like barcode or packaging?

View Post

sorry for the late reply, but i belive there is a simialr code o the one on the disc on the back of the package, however anythign new in the store is likely to be a new copy and when buying used games at gamestop or eb they will just grab a disc from a box and it may or may not be the one from the case you have

#10 Code-Runner

Code-Runner

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Sep 7 2005, 09:20 AM)
sorry for the late reply, but i belive there is a simialr code o the one on the disc on the back of the package, however anythign new in the store is likely to be a new copy and when buying used games at gamestop or eb they will just grab a disc from a box and it may or may not be the one from the case you have

View Post

Exactly, I have a 007 Agent under Fire 1448507 disc that is in a 1448521 case. Oh, and yes it is exploitable.

PS, just thought I would add my disc number if any ran accross it when looking.

#11 xenodata

xenodata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Code-Runner @ Nov 14 2005, 10:58 PM) View Post

Exactly, I have a 007 Agent under Fire 1448507 disc that is in a 1448521 case. Oh, and yes it is exploitable.
PS, just thought I would add my disc number if any ran accross it when looking.

Okay, I finally got this all working together and wanted to share my experiences so it's on the forums and searchable in the future. This is updated info for today 01/04/2006 and was done in St. Louis. I have the exact same 007 AUF CD as the previous poster and I just picked it up from Game Stop for $6.99. Most older copies work great with this and they are cheap & easy to find.

I have only wal-mart around me so I went there and bought two usb flash drives. One was SimpleTech USB Flash Drive 128 MB and the other was a MobileMate 256 MB drive made by SanDisk. The SimpleTech drive WOULD NOT work with my 1.0 XBox, it said that the memory card was damaged. The MobileMate 256 MB one did work, it cost $18.88 so it was a pretty good deal!

I bought the USB 2 XBox adapter off of Ebay for $7.00 all together and the mobilemate formatted just fine. The only problem was my computer and hacked version of Action Replay would not recognize the card. To fix this I folled the instructions at: http://www.xbox-linu...mory_Card_HOWTO and miraculously the usb card was recognized by windows as a MaxDrive XBox device. I was then able to transfer the saved 007 game via the hacked version of Action Replay onto the new USB flash drive.

After it was transferred, I booted up the XBox with 007 in it and plugged in the adapter cable and usb flash drive. The game recognized a save game on the drive, loaded it, and the machine rebooted to a softmod install menu. When this happens you can use the Auto-Installer Deluxe CD (found in the usual places) and load up all the softmod software to the harddrive to make this semi-permanent. In the end it cost about $34 starting from nothing, but all the stuff is reusable for other stuff.

During my travels one thing I did notice that I thought was funny, which was that gamestop stocks the USB flash drives in stock, makes me wonder if they know about the mods. I didn't look into it though, since I thought I'd find a better deal on a thumb drive at wally world. I hope this clears some stuff up for people trying this, it does work but it can be aggravating trying to find the right flash drive and figure out how to get it recognized on both the xbox and PC.

cheers,
xeno

#12 NightLord751

NightLord751

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

I dunno why, but I find it quite funny when I read about people actually buying USB adaptors for the Xbox, when installing one is free, and even a n00b can do it, AND without solder happy.gif

Hell, all my mods on my Xbox are solder free, as I'm terrified of using it as I've never had good experiences with it.

#13 Gearrion

Gearrion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(NightLord751 @ Jan 17 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post

I dunno why, but I find it quite funny when I read about people actually buying USB adaptors for the Xbox, when installing one is free, and even a n00b can do it, AND without solder happy.gif
Hell, all my mods on my Xbox are solder free, as I'm terrified of using it as I've never had good experiences with it.

I was laughing at it too. I never had to buy a usb adapter or a thumbdrive.. Just used a xbox memcard. The easiest way is to have a friend with a modded box point the file on the card for you. But most likely as me, This was not the case. So i just chopped off the end of my xbo controller and spliced it with a end of a usb dapter. so the pull away part is now like a y adapter for both usb and xbox. I installed the action replay , loaded my savegame of choice on it. copied that save game onto my hard drive, booted my game and loaded said save game. ftp into my box, setup my new dash manual. Took my the whole day the first time i did this to a box. I had error 21 and the like, but now with ecperience i canmod a box in 20 mins with including data transfers and everything. If i wanted i got a little kit to mod the whole city if they wanted. just park the box and a service man will be right there sir, swipe the card in the slot and sign here.. lol...

#14 RussianWolf

RussianWolf

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Find this quite funny....

Know how Bunny found a firmware flash that lets backups play on unmodded boxes?

Well how about this.

What if you plug in the flashed DVD player in an xbox and just popped in AID...

Sounds crazy but it may work 0_o

#15 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(RussianWolf @ Feb 11 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post
What if you plug in the flashed DVD player in an xbox and just popped in AID...
This wouldn't work, because the hacked firmware only allows for game backups to run, not homebrew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users